Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Mordred RPG
Something just happened someplace. - Nothing big, just something beautiful in the playtest:

http://www.dndonlinegames.com/showthread.php?t=131185

Big Grin
Crossposting this from Dragonsfoot, in the hope that someone here can probably point me to an answer:

Quote:So, I am giving the finishing touches to my MAGNUM OPUS, Mordred - The Last Adventure.

Now, as several other posts over here have indicated in the past, I have been struggling with the layout for a few months now:

The thing is, the first release is supposed to be a "Player's Guide"-style book,
and, hopeless sucker for the classic Dragon Warriors line of books that I am,
I would love to do it in DIN A5, or in the US "half-letter" format.

Now, seeing my own roleplaying endeavors more as a labor of love than a for-profit enterprise, I had meant to self-publish my books through my own editorial start-up.

...Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand as such, to get back to my question, I would obviously rely a lot on print-on-demand.

Alas, I find that the usual suspects among the print-on-demand dealers do not seem to support the format I prefer!

Can anybody point me to POD-online publisher, or tell me how to bait the good people at RPGNow so they accept the format for POD?

To him or her who can really help me out, I promise FREE BOOKS FOR LIFE for all publications I do under the Mordred/Days of Rain label.
From here: http://www.arpia.be/2010/09/arpia-novel ... on-demand/

blog Wrote:...Finally, my favourite solution: Lulu.com. This has the highest quality cover paper, and I was forced to adopt a new format for Lulu.com, namely A5....
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Thanks, man.

I clarified over at DF, though, that I am not convinced that LULU is the best option for RPGs, due to the limits in design,
the problem with shipping, and the overall quality.

Rigt now, I think I'll create the book for Lightningsource-optimized POD services as US half-letter first, and then probably port to LULU.

But if RPGNOw doesn't support POD of DIN A5, then I guess I'll have to change the format... Again. :x
A small update - and, really, I don't want to spam this page again and again, just because I'm somewhat involved here,
but this might of interest to the people that follow my endeavors:

http://daysofrain.me/

That's my personal blog, and my new home on the web.

I write about one article per week, related mainly to Mordred, but Blackmoor pops up there and again.

So, if you like, take a look. (And, of course, please like/follow/subscribe. Smile )
Cool,
keep us posted Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Hello, boils and ghouls!

I need a designer - hopefully, a pro - to do some, well, design work for me.

While I am looking for quality work, I don't mind "keeping things in the family", if you know what I mean.

If you are a designer, or design aficcionado, and have a good portfolio available online, don't mind dropping me a PM, and we can talk. Smile
From DF, copypasta, but it's hot today, and I am too lazy to rephrase:

Slowly, slooooowly, things are moving ahead. I finally give a structured introduction to the world of Mordred with a series on world-building.
Also, I give a first glimpse on a few of the setting's core characters, with the occasional respectful nod to Dave Arneson's Blackmoor,
and my friends from the Last Fantasy Campaign. Smile

Read... And VOTE! ...Please! Big Grin

http://daysofrain.me/2013/08/01/on-worl ... cessities/
Voted Wink

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Hehe, thanks, man!

I am still working on our characters, as well, but I still have not found a good explanation why an ogre would keep a talking monkey! Big Grin

(Me rightfully being the monkey, of course. Cry )