Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Age of Id] AoI Project? (was: Call for Blackmoor Writers)
Already commented on this in the secret section of the Garbage Pits where we usually just gather to say nasty things about Spelljammer - judging from what we've seen of the project so far, this is going to be pretty great. I like the basic idea, and I like the in-detail execution, which is something that rarely ever happens with rpg-related projects.

- I would like to say, I don't say this because Havard is mah fwen, but because a frame for a past era of Blackmoor is something that makes incredible sense, game-wise: Nearly every major rendition of the setting, from DA 1 to the Age of the... What was it again?... Has toyed with the timeline, and so have nearly all fans that have given the setting a more thorough treatment.

So, to have a well-done manuscript like that available, for more ambitious DMs to experiment with, and for the community to flesh it out, possibly, that's a pretty great thing. - You know that my usual very, very heavy criticism about old settings is that people usually use them as museums. And, well, this one is far from being a museum. Smile
Thanks!

Here's what I have as an introduction:

Shadow of the Temple of Id Wrote:Chapter 1- Welcome to the Age of Id
This is the age when the Dog Duke rules Blackmoor. The alliance between Men and Elves are being tested as many elves urge the Elf-King to withdraw into the woods, leaving man to fend against the growing shadows on his own. This is an ancient and wild time, when castles are far between and the wilderness covers most of the land. Beyond the few strongholds the Thonian Empire has built in this part of the world, the North is unmapped territory. The Duke of Blackmoor now needs adventurers who are brave enough to risk their way into the unknown. Into the dark places of the wild where even the enigmatic elvenfolk do not dare to venture.

In this world you can:
  • Investigate why the elves are becoming more reclusive, and why their sylvan allies are disappearing.
  • Help the newly arriving race of dwarves to find a new home in The North
  • In a world without Orcs, Goblins or Beastmen; fight ancient foes like the Gakkarak, Malfera, Garl, Fell-Brutes, Displacer Beasts, Athach, Chokers, Nucalavee, Necrozon, Ropers, Nightshades, Savage Valemen and Undead Peshwa.
  • Quest for the Seven Stargems, relics said to be recovered from the Blackmoor Dungeon in the Age of Giants and perhaps the only hope of protecting Blackmoor from a horrible evil.
  • Discover the nefarious plots of the Order of Id
  • And more...
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Showing this introduction and not the finished work is a kind of slow torture.... you are really mean! Tongue
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Showing this introduction and not the finished work is a kind of slow torture.... you are really mean! Tongue

Sorry. Not doing this to tease you guys! Smile

The main reason why I'm not sharing the document with you guys yet is simply that it isn't finished. Ideas and suggestions along the way would be great! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign