Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Tell me about the Iron Duke
gsvenson Wrote:Marshal's and Dave Arneson's clash was in the 1970-71 timeframe. Until the clash happened and he was expelled from the group, I had been driving Marshal to Dave Arneson's house for the gaming sessions. The incident with Marshal in the early 1980's happened at a gaming convention and got him thrown out of the convention. I don't really know any of the actual details of either incident, but I heard stories about both at the time they happened...

Thank you. With this, the different stories I've heard over the years gain their proper perspective. - Now, Hoegfeldt himself maintained that he and Arneson eventually patched things up, and that he participated in later stages of the campaign, again. IF I recall things correctly, that is. Hoegfeldt, - or someone claiming to be him, at least - posted on several of the usual message boards in the late 2000s, but his contributions there were generally pretty unassuming: Nothing that not could be found elsewhere, and, given that his identity was never confirmed, nothing he could not have learned elsewhere, as well.

Havard Wrote:Another question is how closely the DA modules and the entire King Uther era of Blackmoor follows events from actual gaming sessions. If that is the main point of interest rather than Dave's overall vision for his world, then I think it is better to stick to the FFC, Supplement II and tales from players alone. But I think that we can talk about Dave's visions for the setting beyond what he was able to run for his players.

Again, the core question seems to be, when in the (relative) in-game timeline do the events related to actual playing sessions stop? - Simple question. Simple answer? Smile

I've always been thinking, 1024, perhaps, because Steve (?) Lortz continued gaming with Arneson into the 1980s, if I remember the details correctly. Also, notably, it's after that point that the in-game timeline begins to recycle events everyone knows to have happened earlier, like the expedition(s) to the Temple of the Frog, and to the City of Gods, until we enter the area that is "pure Ritchie", plotwise.

Messages In This Thread