Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Industry] Escapist: State of D&D Present
Rafael Wrote:Of course, I am not debating YOU, I am debating the, with all the respect, shitty, yet inexplicably popular article.

You really think the article is so bad? I found it rather interesting really.

Quote:Asking Ryan Dancey and Andy Collins about the state of RPG and D&D is as smart as asking a liver transplant whether he'd like another glass of wine.

But the series of articles include thoughts not only from former and current WotC representatives, but also from representatives of rival fantasy RPG companies like Eric Mona and Chris Pramas.

Quote:I think you're mistaken though in reducing this to the old gamer vs. new gamers debate, as, generally, is the notion that Wizards is pursuing any consistent tactic here:

They simply created a product that is generally regarded, if not outright bad, inferior to its predecessors.

Yes and no. My point is simply that alot of people like 4E.

Quote:Yet they decided to stick with it.

Again, yes and no. Both the Essentials line and the hiring of Monte Cook who is most likely there to write 5E does seem like a indication that they are considering other options. Firing Bill Slaviczek is also a good sign that they are reevaluating their position.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread