Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Code Monkey Publishing
[Image: 1x16Coxpeephole.jpg]
I do wonder how Code Monkey can put out Blackmoor stuff without actually being able to reference Blackmoor. Either I misunderstand the situation or we're on our way to getting essentially a fan publication. Heck, I could do that.

What made Blackmoor interesting and exciting to me was its continued connection to Dave and Dave's ongoing campaign. Without that, ya got nothing.

Just my two cents, of course.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:I do wonder how Code Monkey can put out Blackmoor stuff without actually being able to reference Blackmoor. Either I misunderstand the situation or we're on our way to getting essentially a fan publication. Heck, I could do that.

What made Blackmoor interesting and exciting to me was its continued connection to Dave and Dave's ongoing campaign. Without that, ya got nothing.

You may have a point here....

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
CMP site appears to have been hacked. Again Sad

-Havard
finarvyn Wrote:I do wonder how Code Monkey can put out Blackmoor stuff without actually being able to reference Blackmoor. Either I misunderstand the situation or we're on our way to getting essentially a fan publication. Heck, I could do that.

Agreed, except with the caveat that, since a great deal of what we know of as Blackmoor came from player input, if any of the original players decided to write new Blackmoor material - Greg's write up of Sweetwater, for instance - to me that's just as legitimate.
Aldarron Wrote:

Agreed, except with the caveat that, since a great deal of what we know of as Blackmoor came from player input, if any of the original players decided to write new Blackmoor material - Greg's write up of Sweetwater, for instance - to me that's just as legitimate.

I agree that this would be great.

OTOH I would also love to see more work by actual fans put out on this forum, the OD&D74 Forum or elsewhere.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:CMP site appears to have been hacked. Again Sad

Site is still gone, 4 months later.

-Havard
Rafael Wrote:[Image: 1x16Coxpeephole.jpg]