Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Code Monkey Publishing
Their forum is back up again.

And it looks like they are still planning on releasing the New Lands Setting:

Quote:"Blackmoor: We've shifted from the lands of Blackmoor itself to the 'New Lands': Shaedraeth. To avoid licensing issues down the road, we're making this move now rather than later. Integrating those items that are NOT WotC IP from Blackmoor to Shaedraeth requires a bit of care to make sure things mesh smoothly and aren't shoehorned in.

Shaedraeth: Related to the above, the first product is "Dungeons of the Lost Moorlands". It is a massive dungeon crawl, give some hints to what happened to Blackmoor, and set part of the stage of the New Lands. It will be a PDF only product, simply because of the massive size of it. We're talking an outside area leading to the dungeons and then 21 levels with 81 maps of dungeon-y, deadly, tastiness!"

Source: https://codemonkeypublishing.biz/index. ... ic&topic=7

According to Mynex, to be released around "GenCon time" this year.

Any thoughts?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Any good pdf file can always be printed out! I have a few Ravenloft books printed out which cost me cheaper than the actual book!
[Image: Karl.png]
Thora Stormblade Dwarf of Clan Stormblade
Tales From the Vales
Ben "Doc" Perdue Human Bodyguard
The Throne of Stars
So, where abouts do the "New Lands" lie in relation to Blackmoor?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:So, where abouts do the "New Lands" lie in relation to Blackmoor?

Possibly, this would be the same as the Age of the Wolf, with the IP tags filed off. That would mean this would be Blackmoor's future.

I have my own ideas for a New Lands type setting for Blackmoor (not the future, but somewhere else), but that is a different matter.

As so little is known of what CMP has planned is known at this point it would be hard to say. If its only going to be a mega dungeon, I guess it could be located anywhere.

Havard
It is interesting.

However, I am perhaps most interested in your personal plans, Havard.
--Is there any chance you are willing to disclose a hint or two? Smile
Hmm, I've picked up a couple of bits from their forums.

Quote:Maps for the WelComeback Inn and the first 4 levels of the dungeons themselves are drawn and ready for computerization

The WelComeback Inn, eh? No idea where they got that name from. Smile

Quote:Also coming real soon; the Calendar of Shaedraeth - This will include plantary information, moons (yes I meant that to be plural) and their cycles, the seasons, and of course the actual hours, days, weeks, months of each year and their 'common' naming conventions (most normal folk don't call it year 2012, they call it the year of the monkey - education!)

The year 2012 - but how does this relate to the Blackmoor calendar?

Oh, and unsurprisingly it's going to be 4e. meh.
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
[Image: not_sure_if_want.jpg]

...But willing to give the benefit of doubt now.

And, hey, welcome back Timeshadows! Long time, no see! Smile
Dave L Wrote:Hmm, I've picked up a couple of bits from their forums.

Quote:Maps for the WelComeback Inn and the first 4 levels of the dungeons themselves are drawn and ready for computerization

The WelComeback Inn, eh? No idea where they got that name from. Smile

Good catch Dave! I really hope this is from some initial stages in the product and that they are at least trying to come up with something good though...

Quote:
Quote:Also coming real soon; the Calendar of Shaedraeth - This will include plantary information, moons (yes I meant that to be plural) and their cycles, the seasons, and of course the actual hours, days, weeks, months of each year and their 'common' naming conventions (most normal folk don't call it year 2012, they call it the year of the monkey - education!)

The year 2012 - but how does this relate to the Blackmoor calendar?

Well, the standard year in the Blackmoor campaign is 1030. Rafe's campaign is a few years later. If they were planning a truly futuristic campaign, this could be set 1000 years into the future, close to the Great Rain of Fire in the Mystara continuum, but I somehow doubt that is the case.

Quote:Oh, and unsurprisingly it's going to be 4e. meh.

Yeah. When they had the lisence to do Blackmoor, they were restricted to keeping with the latest edition. They no longer have this obligation, but it would seem that they are aiming for new markets rather than the Old School one.

Havard
Rafael Wrote:...But willing to give the benefit of doubt now.

Yes, we shall see. Old CMP had great writers like Ari Marmell and CA Suleiman writing for them. If they can patch up things with their old freelancers then this might turn into something good. If not...

Havard
That's a great foto, Rafael. Big Grin

Hello. Smile