Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[WL] Blackmoor and the Wilderlands
I am not sure how much you know about the Viridians - but I am 100% sure the connection in DoCBM was intentional.

Get yourself a copy/PDF (should be available legally) of "City State of the World Emperor" (or was the in-depth characterization of the Viridians somewhere else?!), and enjoy. Smile
Rafael Wrote:I am not sure how much you know about the Viridians - but I am 100% sure the connection in DoCBM was intentional.

I am not convinced about that, but I still like the connection. Smile

Quote:Get yourself a copy/PDF (should be available legally) of "City State of the World Emperor" (or was the in-depth characterization of the Viridians somewhere else?!), and enjoy. Smile

I have the information given in the Players Guide to the Wilderlands and the Wilderlands of High Adventure Boxed Set (Both for 3.5E). May check out the World Emperor thingie later.

The sources I do have, do specify their origins however.

Actually, if you are saying we should make the deity linked to the creation of the Viridians=the deity of the Temple of the Frog, I like that idea! It has alot of interesting implications! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yepp, the way I see it, it's the same deity. or at least, if anybody was to do a real crossover campaign,
it would be a no-brainer to connect them.

I for my part take this connection as granted, and will probably even insert a small tidbit into the game.
Rafael Wrote:Yepp, the way I see it, it's the same deity. or at least, if anybody was to do a real crossover campaign,
it would be a no-brainer to connect them.

Well, the purpose of this thread is indeed to find such possible connections! Smile

And of course to develop them further.
If the Frog is beind one of the most powerful Empires of the Wilderlands, that should have quite sever implications for that setting.

-Havard
sheridan Wrote:
Duncan Wrote:You could link some of the human races of the Wilderlands to those of Blackmoor? For instance, the Skandaharians become the Skandiks. Not sure about the Peshwah or Valemen?
Duncan

The Peshwah of BM fit nicely with the Tharbrians of the WL, even though the Tharbrians are even more savage than the Peshwah.

Read up a bit on the Tharbrians. Cannot believe I opposed this connection. I am now convinced that it is a perfect fit. Valemen may have some similarites with the Dunael.

So now we have:

Skandiks Skandaharians
Tharbrians Peshwah
Viridians Froglin blooded
Dunael Valemen

-Havard
Karak seems to be a mix of Mongolians and India. My original idea was to tie them with the Peshwa as well. Could the Tharbrians be related to the Karakans?

Another idea that has been suggested is to simply say that Karak=Thonia, but I have always liked having the two as two separate Great Kingdoms.

-Havard