Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
We're Back!
(04-18-2022, 05:25 AM)finarvyn Wrote: Are there options to adjust the color scheme? (Maybe it's in the user control panel; I haven't looked yet.) The old boards had unread stuff in gold, if I remember correctly, but the new boards seem to make new stuff look a lot like stuff I've already read. Sad

What was colored differently?  The thread links/names?

What marked them as "read" -- was it just having visited the thread?
Gandalph | Wizard Extrodinaire
Available for adventures and kids parties
(04-18-2022, 12:00 PM)Greg Wrote: I am finding quite a few issues with links no longer working. For example, in the Original Blackmoor Campaign forum, the links in the Dave Arneson Biography Timeline and Arneson Campaign Chronology are broken. They are supposed to point to threads within the forums. I waned to mention these two instances because they are stickied threads, and there were some events in those timelines that I had never heard about previously. Unfortunately, though, I can't investigate them further.

I'm sure there will be a lot of work to get everything working properly, and maybe some old links won't be able to be restored. But hopefully something can be done about the timeline links.

Post some specific examples here if you find them again, and if you can link to the post in question that's a problem.  If we can figure out general rules about how they broke, it might be possible fix them in bulk at some point.
(04-19-2022, 12:41 AM)Angelo Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 12:00 PM)Greg Wrote: I am finding quite a few issues with links no longer working. For example, in the Original Blackmoor Campaign forum, the links in the Dave Arneson Biography Timeline and Arneson Campaign Chronology are broken. They are supposed to point to threads within the forums. I waned to mention these two instances because they are stickied threads, and there were some events in those timelines that I had never heard about previously. Unfortunately, though, I can't investigate them further.

I'm sure there will be a lot of work to get everything working properly, and maybe some old links won't be able to be restored. But hopefully something can be done about the timeline links.

Post some specific examples here if you find them again, and if you can link to the post in question that's a problem.  If we can figure out general rules about how they broke, it might be possible fix them in bulk at some point.

Greg (and... everybody else, really)

I've added a "Technical" category for post reporting.

If you stumble across a missing/malformed link, please use the "Technical" option to report it.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
(04-19-2022, 11:23 AM)RobJN Wrote:

If you stumble across a missing/malformed link, please use the "Technical" option to report it.

Can you link to it?  I don't seem to be able to locate it.

So far the types of problems we seem to be encountering are:

* User restoration issues (currently in progress)
* Broken links
* Errors showing up on site
* User interface lost functionality (like coloring read threads differently)
* Email issues

If we have a thread for each problem, then we can note our progress and we can follow each one until it's resolved.
(04-19-2022, 07:21 PM)Angelo Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 11:23 AM)RobJN Wrote:

Can you link to it?  I don't seem to be able to locate it.

So far the types of problems we seem to be encountering are:

* User restoration issues (currently in progress)
* Broken links
* Errors showing up on site
* User interface lost functionality (like coloring read threads differently)
* Email issues

If we have a thread for each problem, then we can note our progress and we can follow each one until it's resolved.
Angelo -- I think I found the post Greg is referring to. I've flagged it with a Report. You should see the "Awaiting Moderation" notification.
Rob
(04-20-2022, 10:56 AM)RobJN Wrote: Angelo -- I think I found the post Greg is referring to. I've flagged it with a Report. You should see the "Awaiting Moderation" notification.

Thanks, I see it now.  It's a good place to start building a pattern to match up the URLs.  I'm going to start building a mapping.
Had an issue with my account, but it seems to work again. Thanks!
(07-05-2022, 11:53 AM)chirine ba kal Wrote: Had an issue with my account, but it seems to work again. Thanks!

A handful of registrations went astray when we migrated to the new message board system, but we (finally) got them sorted.

Good to have you back.
Rob
Glad to get my account sorted. Thanks Rob! ♥
ANGEL TARRAGON (aka Neko Princex)
Click on my name for my socials.
(09-28-2022, 09:48 PM)Neko Princex Wrote: Glad to get my account sorted. Thanks Rob! ♥

Happy to help!

(And glad it worked!)
Rob