Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Peshwah Timeline
Below is my first draft for a Peshwah Timeline:

-100*
Horse-Nomads from the South, settle on the Plains of Hak. They begin to call themselves the Peshwah. SoH

Thonia is founded DA1

5*
Hurghast and Herutu become the first leaders of the Peshwah SoH

20*
Calelrin conspires with the Thonians and kill Hurghast and Herutu. Calelrin is cast out by Hak and forced to seek shelter among the devils of the Hells. Cult of Calelrin is founded SoH

80*
The Peshwah no longer ride as one people. War breaks out among the tribes. Only the Somhak and the Sufz stay out of the conflict. After a harsh winter, Hadeen of the Somhak brokers peace between the tribes and becomes the first Sirk. Sul Peshwah founded as the Seat of the People SoH

90*
Hadeen ascends to Godhood. His bow and arrows are left in the care of the Briela Tribe. SoH

95*
The Briela leader Wilkanja is seduced the Cult of Calelrin and escapes into the plains with the artifacts left behind by Hadeen. SoH

100*
Raelralataen, brother of Hadeen, founds the Irfat tribe. He later achieves godhood, becoming the patron of death and law. SoH

120*
The Falleem build a Temple to Raelralataen in their fortress city of High Tenlish SoH

300*
The Qulaam Tribe settle near the Root River and begin breeding Giant Weasels. SoH

Peshwa raid Blackmoor. Wizard Pissaic Kargas builds moat around the castle. FFC, Ross

815-896
Mage Wars. DAB

Kali, the corrupt leader of the Sufz Tribe and follower of Calelrin presides over the murder of the Twelve Prophets of the Peshwah. Two other Sufz Peshwah, Hasha and Swahi prevent Kali from fulfilling the blood ritual she had begun, but both perish as a result. Yoosef is born from the blood of the Prophets, becoming the youngest god of the Peshwah. The Murder of the Prophets forces the Peshwah out of the Mage Wars. SoH

831*
A Tribe known as the Kurgans is entirely taken over by the Cult of Calelrin and abandon the Hak for lands to the South Havard, DA3

Inspired by the teachings of Yoosef, the Peshneath establish permanent settlements near the Neath woods and devote their lies to crafts and spider silk weaving. SoH

Peshwah of the Zah Tribe build the Tower of Salt, a gateway to the world of the Gods. DA3,
SoH

Peshwah na Cusalk of the Briela tribe seeks out the Dragon Watchworks (Chamber) near the city of Maus and serves the dragon for seven years. SoH

998-999
Combined Peshwa and Tenian forces attack Blackmoor, but are repulsed by Svenny and the Sniders. Ross/ FFC

The Peshneath Tribe befriends Sra Duul, a green dragon. MMRPG Ep #27

Afridhi invade the steppes. Calelrin murders Hadeen. The God’s death is witnessed by the Red Dragon Kafess. The Irfat begin their Last Ride.
Ciru of the Somhak, Sirk Am Peshwah, is killed in the invasions. Peshwah na Jota of the Irfati becomes the new Sirk Am Peshwah. DAB, MMRPG Ep #27

1010*
Illiji escapes years of Afridhi captivity. She goes on to become the leader of the Zah Tribe. SoH

Peshwah na Cummot becomes leader of the Adiel Tribe.
When Apnaq is killed by the Dragon Uvu am Ska (Black in Heart), Apnaq’s young protégée, Shepro, takes control of Apnaq’s Bortai band and lead them to assist in Uther’s Rebellion. SoH

Shepro of the Bortai made Baron of Dragonia.
Fall of the Sky City. DA1

Leron Tribe become guardians of the borders to the Valley of the Ancients SoH

1025*
Ornidri, Irfat and Adiel Tribes launch combined raid into Afridhi occupied Ten. SoH

Present Day DAB

Feel free to critique the timeline above. Dates marked with an * indicate that the year is chosen somewhat arbitrarily.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Below is my first draft for a Peshwah Timeline:

Peshwah of the Zah Tribe build the Tower of Salt, a gateway to the world of the Gods. DA3,
SoH

Feel free to critique the timeline above. Dates marked with an * indicate that the year is chosen somewhat arbitrarily.

-Havard

945 is a speculative date, isn't it? I should think the tower of salt is much older. (depending, I guess, on which narrative regarding the age and nature of the city of the gods is followed.)

Is SoH Riders of Hak?
Aldarron Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Below is my first draft for a Peshwah Timeline:
SoH

945 is a speculative date, isn't it? I should think the tower of salt is much older. (depending, I guess, on which narrative regarding the age and nature of the city of the gods is followed.)

Is SoH Riders of Hak?

SoH is Riders of Hak yeah. Should have been RoH :oops:

945 comes friom DA3, but DA3 doesnt say anything about the Tower of Salt. DA3 says the town was founded "80 years ago". Actually I suspect Salt Tower was a typo that grew into something else in the D20 line.

Note that there is no explicit link between the "world of the Gods" reference from Riders of Hak and the City of the Gods. I think an MMRPG suggested that these Gods were more divine in nature rather than alien.

But all in all, the Tower of Salt could easily be older than the 80 year old town.

I agree with what I think you are suggesting that it doesnt make much sense that the City of the Gods is 4-5 years old as DA3 mentions. It contradicts Arneson's campaign and also conveys a very different atmosphere than what other sources suggest about the City. Also, there is no reason why the DA3 scenario would not work with the City having been there much longer, as the crew could easily have been sleeping in stasis, as was Captain Riesling's order anyway...

-Havard
Havard Wrote:I agree with what I think you are suggesting that it doesnt make much sense that the City of the Gods is 4-5 years old as DA3 mentions. It contradicts Arneson's campaign and also conveys a very different atmosphere than what other sources suggest about the City. Also, there is no reason why the DA3 scenario would not work with the City having been there much longer, as the crew could easily have been sleeping in stasis, as was Captain Riesling's order anyway...

-Havard

Stasis would make a lot more sense and that's a good idea. My sense of it (particularly given Stephen Rochefords account) is that the city of the gods was not originally connected to "Saint Stephen" (I'm pretty sure it predates the TotF storyline). Stephens ship was a small scout ship the crash landed, seemingly in the swamp. City of the Gods was a much older and bigger thing.
Aldarron Wrote:Stasis would make a lot more sense and that's a good idea.

I dont have the module with me right now, but IIRC the captain actually ordered his crew to go into stasis, except Rocklin refused.

Quote: My sense of it (particularly given Stephen Rochefords account) is that the city of the gods was not originally connected to "Saint Stephen" (I'm pretty sure it predates the TotF storyline). Stephens ship was a small scout ship the crash landed, seemingly in the swamp. City of the Gods was a much older and bigger thing.

A central thing to Dave Arneson's way of designing Blackmoor seems to have been that he intentionally kept things vague and undefined until his players explored it. Perhaps 1970s records/material seems to go in a lot of direction simply because the players never really got that far into the City of the Gods. DA3 and Supp2 say different things about St Stephen, but both were influenced by other contributors (Ritchie and Kask).

I like the idea of Rocklin being part of the FSS Beagle crew for alot of reasons. First of all, it keeps the sci fi elements of Blackmoor tied together and contained. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, it adds a personal angle to the story, with the rivalry between Captain Riesling and Stephen Rocklin (Rocheford) being part of Rocklin's motivation for setting up the Frog cult.

-Havard