Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Wilderlands maps
My first combined WL map is now finished, and can be downloaded here.

It's maps 1-6 (the new numbering) and includes the Valley of the Ancients.

So technically it should be possible to link it to Blackmoor. :wink:
Dave L Wrote:My first combined WL map is now finished, and can be downloaded here.

It's maps 1-6 (the new numbering) and includes the Valley of the Ancients.

So technically it should be possible to link it to Blackmoor. :wink:

Certainly this is connected to Blackmoor!

Great work you are doing Dave. Keep doing it! Smile

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
This next map is one that will interest anyone wanting to know what is to the west of Blackmoor. It is Robert Conley's Wilderness map 19, and is directly to the north of map 2.

You can read about it and see a preview here or you can just download it here.

Let me know what you think of the hex numbering. Smile
Great Work, Dave!

Rob's map does in some way challenge my views of the lands between Blackmoor and the Wilderlands. As I mentioned elsewhere, I always believed the Great Glacier would act more as a wall of separation between Valon and Blackmoor. Now the two seem closer somehow. Also, we need to explain why the Afridhi did not decide to take their conquest eastwards rather than to the south.

Not that this is neccessarily a bad thing.

Thanks!

Havard
I think it's even stated explicitely somewhere that the Afridhi come from a "great glacier land", or something, so I would definitely work that in.

BTW, Dave, I willm find a away to honor you for all this. Helps more than I can express in words right now.
Rafael Wrote:BTW, Dave, I willm find a away to honor you for all this. Helps more than I can express in words right now.
You're very welcome - I'm just glad I can be helpful and have fun at the same time! Smile

(I realise this might not be everyone's idea of fun though :lol: )
Rafael Wrote:I think it's even stated explicitely somewhere that the Afridhi come from a "great glacier land", or something, so I would definitely work that in.

Hmmm..does not ring a bell. Their lands are certainly inhospitable, which is part of their reason to want to go off and conquer other lands. Based on Rob's map, it looks like the Glacier is small enough to not really get in the way of anything. The Afridhi lands could be somewhere to the Northwest of the Glacier.

-Havard
At the north east corner of map 1 you've got the Land of Beasts, which is basically dinosaur territory. Based on Rob's map, the Great Glacier (of which we only see a small section), could easily spread east, to the north of Jurassic Park.

If the Afridhi were to the north of the glacier (perhaps tundra type land), there's no way they'd want to march an army across a glacier and then down through dinosaur country - so west it is.

I also recall that their god was directing the path of their march? So it doesn't have to make EXACT sense based on the terrain, although the generals would likely take the easiest paths west to keep the troops fresh.

Does all that make any sense?
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox
Dave L Wrote:At the north east corner of map 1 you've got the Land of Beasts, which is basically dinosaur territory. Based on Rob's map, the Great Glacier (of which we only see a small section), could easily spread east, to the north of Jurassic Park.

Here's an early draft of how I view the big picture:

http://pandius.com/bmregmap.html

Quote:If the Afridhi were to the north of the glacier (perhaps tundra type land), there's no way they'd want to march an army across a glacier and then down through dinosaur country - so west it is.

Agreed. The dinosaurs or whatever those beasts are plus the glacier would be a good discouragement against marching south.
Quote:I also recall that their god was directing the path of their march? So it doesn't have to make EXACT sense based on the terrain, although the generals would likely take the easiest paths west to keep the troops fresh.

Does all that make any sense?

Yeah. Good point about Zugzul's influence. He was directing them in the direction of the Well of Souls, located in the Barrens of Kaarsh in the DA4 version, a slight deviation from its location in the LFC, but the logic still stands.

Havard
Havard Wrote:Here's an early draft of how I view the big picture:

http://pandius.com/bmregmap.html

We'll need to rethink how the glacier works in the light of Rob's map, but I don't see any problems with that.

I got the idea from DA3 that the Peshwa would also have a presence to the south of the Valley of the Ancients?

BTW, I've posted my finished Blackmoor and Wilderlands maps on a flickr account, but I'm keeping all the "in progress" stuff on the 4shared account.
[Image: JamesPren.png]

Davey Carter Human Swordmaster
Tales from the Vales

View my maps on flickr | Blackmoor Maps on Dropbox | Wilderlands Maps on Dropbox