Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Jolly Blackburn on Dave Arneson
Jolly Blackburn Wrote:One of my highlights at Origins or Gen Con each year was Dave showing up at our booth to catch up on Knights of the Dinner Table. He always shared a funny story.

Jolly Blackburn Wrote:My favorite Dave Arneson story. Every year he'd come by our booth and pick up the previous twelve issues of Knights of the Dinner Table to catch up. At one Origins in particular, he went down the table picking up a dozen issues and a couple of trade paperbacks. He was standing there at the register when we got into a conversation about gaming. About 15 minutes later, he realized there were some customers waiting to pay and excused himself. As he disappeared into the crowd, I heard someone behind me say, "Hey - he never paid." lol

I think my response was, "He's Dave fricking Arneson. He doesn't have to pay."

I think he ever realized what had happened. And that's fine

Source

Jolly, the creator of Knights of the Dinner Table, posted these as comments to Frank Mentzer sharing one of my blog articles about Dave Arneson.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Having known a person that is no more is often a pain, as you can only cherish your memories but you know you can't have any more.
Sometimes having known a person only through the cherished memories of other people, that are occasionally shared, but you know you cant have first hand memories of that person, can be even more painful.
Hopefully they'll invent soon time travelling....
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.