Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[S4] Episode #80 To Catch a Rat
EPISODE 80
To Catch a Rat

Quote:Why is it when the Wizard’s Cabal gets careless, you have to get down and dirty? A Dave Arneson’s Blackmoor adventure for hero levels 1-5.

Get the episode here.

Trouble Downloading? Read this first!

Let us know what you think of this module here! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Well.... first of all there is a new tavern (Evelenaeri Down) at the beginning of the game and a run down bar at the end for you to add to the Vestfold map.... Tongue
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
In general, it is a nice, solid addition to the campaign: another adventure dealing with the Wizard Cabal and a crawl in the sewers below Vestfold with a clever background and a decent plot twist at the end.

However, there are a couple of details, perhaps meant to be humourous, that didn't sound great:
1) the main aim of the adventure is to catch a rat familiar, whose name is... Mickey :roll:
2) the albno alligator in the sewers... :|
3) I'll attach the quote:
Quote:If the PCs care to know what books he was carrying here is the list: Investigation for Dimwits, The How-To Inquistion, Harry Plotkiller, How to Cheese and Mid-max your Character… Personalities, and a subscription to MAXIM..ize your spells.
I'd enjoyed this adventure better without the above.... :evil:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Yaztromo Wrote:Well.... first of all there is a new tavern (Evelenaeri Down) at the beginning of the game and a run down bar at the end for you to add to the Vestfold map.... Tongue

That is going to be useful! Smile

Yaztromo Wrote:In general, it is a nice, solid addition to the campaign: another adventure dealing with the Wizard Cabal and a crawl in the sewers below Vestfold with a clever background and a decent plot twist at the end.

However, there are a couple of details, perhaps meant to be humourous, that didn't sound great:
1) the main aim of the adventure is to catch a rat familiar, whose name is... Mickey :roll:
2) the albno alligator in the sewers... :|
3) I'll attach the quote:
Quote:If the PCs care to know what books he was carrying here is the list: Investigation for Dimwits, The How-To Inquistion, Harry Plotkiller, How to Cheese and Mid-max your Character… Personalities, and a subscription to MAXIM..ize your spells.
I'd enjoyed this adventure better without the above.... :evil:

Yes, humorous elements can be very much a matter of personal taste. It was pretty common with puns and stuff in the old days though. OTOH, pretty easy to replace with something more serious by the individual DM?

What's wrong with an albino alligator? Smile

I rather liked the inclusion of new monsters, although they are pretty much variations of existing creatures.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Quote: a subscription to MAXIM..ize your spells.
... that's the one with the spells Summon Cheesecake and Summon Wood, isn't it? :wink:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog