Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Newcomer to Blackmoor
Hi guys! New here and generally new to Blackmoor. English isn't my native language, and that would explain the occasional bad grammar and stuff.

I started playing D&D in the final years of 3.5, and I started as a player but became a DM with 4e. Because of that I kinda missed the old school-days of D&D, and didn't knew of the older settings that existed in earlier editions until recently. Shame on me, but I discovered Blackmoor and its importance to D&D just this year :| I also had problems with the many versions of Blackmoor, but reading some topics here I guess I understand better now.

Hope we can get along.

EDIT: And then I discovered that I totally missed the Hello Thread... sorry for that.
Welcome!!! Big Grin
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
Hello Zeromaru X! Great seeing you here as well as the other place Smile

We are a small community here, but we make up for that in quality Wink I hope you like it here. We are quite a friendly bunch and we all love Blackmoor immensely. It is great that you have discovered Blackmoor! What was it that made you interested in this setting?

BTW, quite a few of us here are non-English native speakers, so I would not worry too much about that. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:What was it that made you interested in this setting?

Some post on your blog, in fact. This one in specific. It was an interesting lecture, and changed the perceptions of what I knew of D&D until that moment. I began searching for more info on Wikipedia, though the fact that Blackmoor were part of Mystara and Greyhwak confused me a lot. Then I found the 4e book, and curiosity began to do her job. Tongue
Zeromaru X Wrote:Some post on your blog, in fact. This one in specific. It was an interesting lecture, and changed the perceptions of what I knew of D&D until that moment. I began searching for more info on Wikipedia, though the fact that Blackmoor were part of Mystara and Greyhwak confused me a lot. Then I found the 4e book, and curiosity began to do her job. Tongue

Thank you! That makes me very happy that my blog leads new people to discover this setting. I also find it refreshing to talk to someone who has not been playing Blackmoor for decades. I look forward to your fresh perspective of this setting.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign