Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
LotFP adventure from Monte Cook!
http://www.indiegogo.com/LotFPCook

The Unbegotten Citadel by Monte Cook
Monte Cook Wrote:Hey Old School Gamers! Interested in seeing an old school (and quite weird) adventure from me with art by Eric Lofgren, written for Lamentations of the Flame Princess? Check out this IndieGoGo project!

IndieGoGo seems to be a kind of Kickstarter type thing.

I'm impressed that Raggi has gotten a name like this to write for his game. Very cool Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
That is pretty neat. But I am truly hoping Monte (or the artguy - checked on Eric Lofgren's page and he seems sane) will be the art director for this - because Greasy Jim's ideas on art are absolutely horrid. Vornheim is like the best thing ever, because Zak did the design and Jim kept his fingers off the project. I dunno who we should blame for the Cavalcade of Furries (which were actually well arted, but still furries) in Geoff's Isle of the Unknown, but while it was a pretty nice project, the art... It was not stupid cannibal corpse album cover crap (often poorly drawn) like we see in Jim's own stuff (meh-house edition Sad) but the furries all seemed to be in middle of a pelvic thrust when the picture was drawn... Oops, didn't want to go on an art-rant, but with products from LotFP, only Vornheim hasn't been riddled by crappy art direction. So I am not holding up hopes this won't suffer from the same.

Still, could be a neat adventure in any case Smile

The bad thing about indie-gogo is that apparently the money is transferred even if goal is not met Sad
This is not the Spanish Announcers Table! Very immature! He spilled my diet soda!
Sauna Wrote:The bad thing about indie-gogo is that apparently the money is transferred even if goal is not met Sad
I didn't realize this. That's kind of strange and has the potential for misuse. I guess you have to really know who you're dealing with if you have to give money up front.

I did the DCC kickstarter through Brave Halfling Publishing and it was weeks before they took my money. They had to reach the goals, etc, which made me feel a lot more secure about investing.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
There are both kinds, actually, I think. I'd be reluctant to put money to a non-fixed fundin one.

I think I am going to give in to Greasy Jim and put some money into Machinations of the Space Princess. Mostly cause it will have Satine Phoenix arts http://www.indiegogo.com/LotFPDesborough
This is not the Spanish Announcers Table! Very immature! He spilled my diet soda!
finarvyn Wrote:
Sauna Wrote:The bad thing about indie-gogo is that apparently the money is transferred even if goal is not met Sad
I didn't realize this. That's kind of strange and has the potential for misuse. I guess you have to really know who you're dealing with if you have to give money up front.

Definately worth knowing about. Thanks for mentioning that Sauna! Hopefully having a name like Monte Cook's on the project will help ensure that at least the minimum goal will be met. Smile

-Havard
Monte Cook? The 3e guy? pass... Now if it was David Cook I'd understand the interest.
Aldarron Wrote:Monte Cook? The 3e guy? pass... Now if it was David Cook I'd understand the interest.

Monte Cook has worked on RPGs since the 1980s and also worked for TSR during the 2nd Ed era.

But yeah, David Zeb Cook writing new material would be very cool. 8)

-Havard
In spite of the fact that he's a 3E guy, I like a lot of Monte's ideas and stuff. (I even used to post on his message board.)

I particularly liked both his d20 Call of Cthulhu and d20 World of Darkness books. Both cool modern-horror type games.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:In spite of the fact that he's a 3E guy, I like a lot of Monte's ideas and stuff. (I even used to post on his message board.)

I particularly liked both his d20 Call of Cthulhu and d20 World of Darkness books. Both cool modern-horror type games.

Didnt know Monte did d20 CoC 8)

-Havard
Havard Wrote:
finarvyn Wrote:In spite of the fact that he's a 3E guy, I like a lot of Monte's ideas and stuff. (I even used to post on his message board.)

Didnt know Monte did d20 CoC 8)

-Havard
Monte Cook also worked on the modern-day Alternity Darkā€¢Matter setting, with Wolfgang Baur.
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog