Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
D&D 3 The Movie - Trailer
"This chapter of Dungeons & Dragons takes you deeper into the dark and fantastic world of this epic fantasy adventure.
A noble warrior must battle dragons and demons while upholding his moral code as he covertly joins a group of villains to rescue his kidnapped father from Shathrax, the Mind Flayer, who threatens to destroy the world."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VwPgrQ_R_s

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
That looks mindbendingly awful... I kinda liked the Wrath of Dragon God one with all the name-droppery and the barbarian chick, but this seems about as bad as the first one (without amusement from Jeremy Irons eating the whole set in every scene he's in). But the dungeonpunk piercings+shitty tattoos were the biggest crime against humanity there. And I don't usually grog out on the look, for example in WAR's D&D/Pathfinder art it works. Here's it's just crap and horrible and insulting and Stalin. The badly done CGI gorexplosion was the only point of interest in the trailer.

0 out of 5 Saunas without seeing. Doubt it will rise to even 1/5 when I watch it with copious amounts of beer.

Anyway, meh. Game of Thrones gave me srs fantasy and Knights of Badassdom should provide the D&D type stuff whenever it gets out. And of course there's always the option of rewatching Krod Mandoon, which is still the most faithful D&D filmatization made Smile
This is not the Spanish Announcers Table! Very immature! He spilled my diet soda!
Yeah, can't say I am awestruck....

Is the dark robed guy supposed to be Klaxx the Malign from the last movie? If so, they are keeping some sort of continuity in this. Also, it looks like they reused the dragon gfx from the previous one?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I thought that the first D&D movie was weak but not unwatchable as long as you forgot that it was "D&D." The characters were kind of fun, the situations were okay. It didn't feel like D&D because they couldn't bother to make magic seem like D&D.

The second movie was a lot better. The characters were neat, they did some name-dropping from classic modules, and seemed to be making an attempt to make the movie more like D&D and less generic.

I will confess to owning both on DVD.

This one seems pretty lame. The characters don't inspire me much at all. I don't like all of the piercings. It just doesn't cry "D&D" at me. :?
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]