Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Tekumel and other things.
I was surfing the net and wondering if Gary Gygax has a character in tekumel. Accidentally found some stuff on that here in this Inn.

So, I joined up and before I sip coffee in the corner, and listen to the tales, I must introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Tselin, meaning 'wizard' from EPT. I met Jeff Berry [Chirine] back in '86 when I went to Minneapolis to play in Professor Barker's EPT game. I had met the professor through Gary Gygax with whom I corresponded frequently [don't blame me for gods demigods and typos, I just suggested the artifact/demon power list]. Met a few other people there too, and had a lot of fun in returning and crossing the border to Canada [where I live... Yan Kor, the cold north] and being told to declare my purchases showed the border guards hordes of tekumel minis as well as all these funny books with strange writing... Big Grin

I have just retired from teaching up here, and am devoting my time in the Tekumel Foundation to completion of the d20 rules [based on 3.5].

Ok, time to read and sip coffee...
-Bill Hartley
Hello Bill!

Welcome to the Comeback Inn! I am glad to hear that you have been taking interest in our discussions! Smile

My own interest in Tekumel began to grow when I learned of the connection between Dave Arneson and Professor Barker. Of course, then we were so luck to have Chirine come here and share his talesabout Arneson's games in Tekumel and also about Professor Barker and his players venturing into Blackmoor.

With more and more Tekumel fans coming in here, we might have to set up a forum for Prof Barker's creation one day! A few things I am especially interested in:
1) Dave Arneson's character, Captain Harchar.
2) Adventures of Tekumel characters into Blackmoor

Also, are you by any chance in touch with Giovanna Fregni? She is listed in Arneson's writings about the Original Blackmoor Players as "Dwarven Battle Maid". I would love to hear the story behind that one!

Thanks again for saying hello. I hope to hear more from you in the future Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Dave Arneson's Captain Harchar... he's in most of Professor Barker's books, either as a rumor of someone about to 'take over' a country, or some adventurer heard as the protagonist passes... and in the final book he's a major player.
I have it on good authority from the Livyani guy who adventured in Blackmoor Castle that all he and the others could think of were 'how could they use such valuable stuff [iron] for pots?!' [discussion with Prof. Barker awhile back]

-Bill
tselin Wrote:Dave Arneson's Captain Harchar... he's in most of Professor Barker's books, either as a rumor of someone about to 'take over' a country, or some adventurer heard as the protagonist passes... and in the final book he's a major player.
I have it on good authority from the Livyani guy who adventured in Blackmoor Castle that all he and the others could think of were 'how could they use such valuable stuff [iron] for pots?!' [discussion with Prof. Barker awhile back]

Very cool Tselin! Thanks for sharing Smile

What's the title of this "final book" where Harchar plays a major role? 8)

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign