Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Sir Fang/Baron Fant
Just how did he become a vampire?

I wonder. Smile

I have a theory, based on other stuff I present in my game, but is there some canon/first hand info?
Not sure about canon, but the most traditional way to become a vampire is to drink a vampire's blood isnt it? :twisted:

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I have always been confused about the origins of Sir Fang. Svenny only encountered him once. In 1976 I went to GenCon and participated in my one and only D&D game at a con. When I encountered him in Blackmoor dungeon, I assumed that Sir Fang was the result of a transformation of Duane Jenkin's character, the Baron of Glendower, because Duane was a vampire fan. He was especially fond of a soap opera called "Dark Shadows" which featured a vampire, Barnabus, if I remember correctly. When I heard that everyone thought Sir Fang was Baron Fant, I was surprised, but not knowing for sure couldn't really say anything one way or the other.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign
Wow, thank you! That is already extremely useful! Smile

If the vampire was indeed modelled after Barnabas Collins (the main hero of Dark Shadows, that soap opera),
we have a clear track to follow already...

Now, in the campaign, I will do something else... Smile
I wonder if there is any connection to Barnabas the Wanderer, an NPC from DA1 Adventures in Blackmoor....

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Greg, Dave Fant is still among the living isn't he? There ought to be a way to ask him about it.
Yes, that is probably true, but I have not seen or heard about him in nearly 40 years.
[Image: Sven.png]
Baetho an Elf
The Vales campaign