Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
David Ritchie contact failed
Send an email to a David J Ritchie the other day. Today he got back to me. Sadly it turns out it was the wrong David J Ritchie.

Any idea how to find this guy? Both google and facebook have turned into dead ends...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:Send an email to a David J Ritchie the other day. Today he got back to me. Sadly it turns out it was the wrong David J Ritchie.

Any idea how to find this guy? Both google and facebook have turned into dead ends...

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know who he is. If you give me a bit of background about who he is and where he has been, maybe I might be able to help.
Big Mac Wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know who he is. If you give me a bit of background about who he is and where he has been, maybe I might be able to help.

He co-authored the DA module series with Dave Arneson and is also credited in a handfull of other TSR products.

Havard
Havard Wrote:
Big Mac Wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know who he is. If you give me a bit of background about who he is and where he has been, maybe I might be able to help.

He co-authored the DA module series with Dave Arneson and is also credited in a handfull of other TSR products.

I went searching for him on Amazon, and that suggested his name might be David James Richie.

A website called Boardgame geek is suggesting that David James Richie died in 2009:

Boardgamegeek Wrote:David James Ritchie, a native of Canton, Ohio, died in his Connecticut home on Sunday, Sept. 6, 2009, at the age of 58. (CantonRep.com | Canton, OH 44702)

Mind you, there could be more than one person with the same name and there have been times in the past when someone has incorrectly been said to be dead on the Interwebs.
Sad Sad Sad Sad

Thanks for the find Big Mac. That is really sad news though.

Havard
Havard Wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad

Thanks for the find Big Mac. That is really sad news though.

If I were you, I would try to confirm that, via a second source. They didn't link to any news stories or anything. (And there could be two people with similar names.)