what are your thoughts on the nature, the powers and the aspect of Zugzul,
the dark god of the Afridhi?

Also, what would you think has happened to him within the LFC/PL timeline,
after the death of Toska Rusa?

Thanks,

Rafe
Rafael Wrote:Hi all,

Without being able to comment too much on the matter myself,
what are your thoughts on the nature, the powers and the aspect of Zugzul, the dark god of the Afridhi?

Also, what would you think has happened to him within the LFC/PL timeline, after the death of Toska Rusa?

IMC Zugzul, like all other deities are Immortals, creatures who were once mortal, but gained godlike powers through incredible deeds.

The destruction of the Well of Souls and the death of Toska Rusa is an incredible blow against Zugzul. Most likely his hold over the Afridhi is lost and with that, much of his influence in the North.

Borrowing a bit of Mystara-lore, Zugzul is the patron of a group called the Magien Fire Worshippers. Perhaps this group dates back to Thonia, being a sort of secret "Satanic" Cult among Thonian Nobles? Greg said he originally saw Zugzul's followers as devil-worshippers.

I also have some Skandaharians worshipping Zugzul under the name of Surt, lord of the Fire Giants.

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Thanks!

Do we know more of Zugzul's relationship with Toska Rusa?

Had they kids, for example?

*Edited. Idon't want to give too much away.* Smile

I have very concrete ideas for Zugzul, however. :wink:
Rafael Wrote:Thanks!

Do we know more of Zugzul's relationship with Toska Rusa?

Had they kids, for example?

I don't think there's much official on this, but a demigod child is an idea too good not to be used!

On the other hand I could just as easily see Marfeldt being the father of that child... :twisted:

Havard
Marfeldt is dead and locked in my basement.
Aren't most priests of Zugzul female? I seem to remember reading that in one of the DA modules. So who's to say Toska Rosa is the only "lucky" one?
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
Rafael Wrote:Marfeldt is dead and locked in my basement.

Hah! Not even you could kill Marfeldt, Rafe! He is probably the most powerful individual in all of Blackmoor. IMC he is a cross between Conan and Achilles, a Demigod walking anong men in his own right.

Rob: Good point about Zugzul's female priesthood. Zuggie definately sounds like the kind of guy who likes to get on with mortal women, so I'm sure he has a few bastards around, all looking to get even with those who destroyed the Well of Souls...

Havard
Havard Wrote:. Zuggie definately sounds like the kind of guy who likes to get on with mortal women, so I'm sure he has a few bastards around, all looking to get even with those who destroyed the Well of Souls...

Ya know, he sort of loses some of the fierce demon-lord-of-fire mystique when his priestesses insist on calling him "Zuggie-poo".... :oops:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:
Havard Wrote:. Zuggie definately sounds like the kind of guy who likes to get on with mortal women, so I'm sure he has a few bastards around, all looking to get even with those who destroyed the Well of Souls...

Ya know, he sort of loses some of the fierce demon-lord-of-fire mystique when his priestesses insist on calling him "Zuggie-poo".... :oops:

:lol:

tsk...women Wink

Havard