Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Tabletop Audio
http://tabletopaudio.com/

This is a resource allowing you to play background music/sounds for your games. I haven't used it in actual play yet, but it looks very promising!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Havard Wrote:http://tabletopaudio.com/

This is a resource allowing you to play background music/sounds for your games. I haven't used it in actual play yet, but it looks very promising!

-Havard

Neat idea! I always thought that sounds would be great for a Ravenloft game but it could definitely work with any setting if done right.
I sporadically blog (mostly) about role-playing topics at The Semi-Retired Gamer.

Currently reading Dave Arneson's True Genius by Robert J. Kuntz.
Fascinating! Thank you for the link!

I use the CD player that's in the game room; due to The Missus' former career as a sound tech in theater, we have a surfeit of audio gear sitting around the house as well as over 300 CDs to choose from. The unit in the game room is a multi-disc cartridge-loader, and I have four cartridges pre-loaded for games with appropriate music for various types of games. (A sea adventure will have various nautical albums loaded, for example.) I keep the volume very low, and the players really seem to enjoy the music as a sort of 'soundtrack' for their adventures; they often joke that you can guess what's going to happen by what's currently playing, and they may be right. We've had some wonderful moments when the music fits the action perfectly.
I have Syrinscape on the iPad. Haven't had a chance to give it a listen. If I can keep Safri from crashing, I'll give this a listen. There are a few sound sets I saw in the listing that look appropriate for a certain upcoming Act....

I like to use music as I rough out a scene, and usually find the recent crop of stuff from Two Steps From Hell to be just about what I'm looking for Big Grin
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog