Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
1970s Blackmoor Deities?
The reference to Poseidon mentioned in another thread made me think. Which deities are mentioned in the early Blackmoor sources? Religion was never really a big part of the early campaign. The Church of the Facts of Life is mostly a comical essay which doesnt identify any gods IIRC. Greg said he got the impression that the religion was monotheistic. Yet arent there references in the early material to the "Lords of Chaos and the Lords of Law"? Or am I misremembering that part?

Finally how can we link this to the ZG material? If Mwajin is the ZG verison of Poseidon. Can we find other such matches?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yeah, this is an interesting avenue to explore. Was wondering if that statue of "poseidon" might actually have been a merman or merman deity of some kind. The "gods" mentioned in the FFC that you are remembering are the Dark Lords and the "Great Gods".

I think an argument could also be made that the Tekumel deities should have Blackmoor equvalents (like Vimhula/Zugzul)
Aldarron Wrote:Yeah, this is an interesting avenue to explore. Was wondering if that statue of "poseidon" might actually have been a merman or merman deity of some kind.

Interesting. Or linking it to the ZGG Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor, perhaps the deity of the Sar Aigu?

Quote:The "gods" mentioned in the FFC that you are remembering are the Dark Lords and the "Great Gods".

Ah, thanks! I'd be interested in mapping them over to the ZGG Pantheon.

Quote:I think an argument could also be made that the Tekumel deities should have Blackmoor equvalents (like Vimhula/Zugzul)

That is definately worth exploring. I think the Tekumel comparison is really interesting, although I am a little intimidated by the amount of material I would have to explore to get anywhere with that. the Zugzul/Vimhula connection is a good place to start though, I agree!

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign