Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Request for Board area for Characters of Blackmoor.
This is a large site and I could have missed it but I looked around and did not see anything like this. Forgive me if I overlooked it and just point me to the right area!

I think a area listing every Blackmoor NPC and Organization both Cannon Blackmoor from Dave as well as our own creations. Now I am not talking about game stats and mechanics as we all might be playing different games but using the same setting.

I doubt many will have issues converting people places and things into the various versions of rpg's being played.

I just know this has already been done somewhere and im missing it. I'm going to run back through the stacks and see what I can find!
Sounds like a great project!

I think I made a post making a list of all the characters from module DA1, but I think that is as far as I got. It should be in a thread around here somewhere. Let me look around Smile

Want to help expand it?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Yes! Now I do not claim any great skill at..well anything. I just love to play games and have fun. I will need to list out all my NPC's for my site but no stats level or other information(they players shouldn't be able to read any of that!).

I'm not that great at searching the web for Blackmoor information yet.

Now to be honest I'm not that concerned with getting Daves game redone authentically. I'm sure that would be great! I just lake that drive. What I do want to do is honor the man and have his creation alive in spirit at my table. From everything I have read I would have LOVED to play at his table!

Also from a DM's point of view I would love to read about NPC's YOU guys made up for this setting! Why recreate stuff that has already been done! If you guys created Svarn Fairshield the Guardsman and his love of Blackmoor and his Ill conceived love for the lady Lvast (who's first husband betrayed Blackmoor and its whispered that the lady herself was not blameless). His rise to knighthood to become the Leader of Blackmoors Red Rider Patrol where the players will now find him!

These are the kind of things that I would love to read about and steal for my games.

Also I have a million questions like: Did the Wizard and Balrog from the first game have names? Any other information? I want to recreate them for my game! I have the 3.5 and 4E Blackmoor books and they list some really good NPC's but im sure there were hundreds more not listed.
Mythlym Wrote:Yes! Now I do not claim any great skill at..well anything. I just love to play games and have fun. I will need to list out all my NPC's for my site but no stats level or other information(they players shouldn't be able to read any of that!).

Sounds good.

Quote: I'm not that great at searching the web for Blackmoor information yet.

Fortunately(?) there arent that many Blackmoor sites out there. I'd start at blackmoor.mystara.us and this forum. The former also has a link section showing most of the other relevant sites out there. My blog also has some stuff.

Quote: Now to be honest I'm not that concerned with getting Daves game redone authentically. I'm sure that would be great! I just lake that drive. What I do want to do is honor the man and have his creation alive in spirit at my table. From everything I have read I would have LOVED to play at his table!

Agreed. If you are too worried about authenticity, it will most likely just be a limitation on your creativity. Better to use Arneson's campaign as a source of inspiration and use the setting as a common point of reference for both players and the DM.
Quote:Also from a DM's point of view I would love to read about NPC's YOU guys made up for this setting! Why recreate stuff that has already been done! If you guys created Svarn Fairshield the Guardsman and his love of Blackmoor and his Ill conceived love for the lady Lvast (who's first husband betrayed Blackmoor and its whispered that the lady herself was not blameless). His rise to knighthood to become the Leader of Blackmoors Red Rider Patrol where the players will now find him!

These are the kind of things that I would love to read about and steal for my games.

Me too! Smile

Quote: Also I have a million questions like: Did the Wizard and Balrog from the first game have names? Any other information? I want to recreate them for my game! I have the 3.5 and 4E Blackmoor books and they list some really good NPC's but im sure there were hundreds more not listed.

Characters in the original campaign were usually referred to by the names of those who played them or nicknames of the players. John Soukup was the Balrog, and Jim Abler was the Wizard who summoned him. I have speculated that DA1 NPC Tamis Azkanikin may have been based on Abler's Wizard character...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign