Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Want to Play a Blackmoor Game with Bob Meyer?
Rowell the Blade Wrote:
klintron Wrote:I apologize if the post above read as if I was counting you to the people I mentioned; that's certainly not the case, and I appreciate your contributions to the boards.

Hey, only just saw this. No worries, in fact it's probably me who should apologize because looking back you didn't actually lump me into that group. It can be hard to parse what people are getting at in forum posts sometimes. Guess I was kinda sensitive to it because I'm new to the forum and don't want to wear out my welcome by posting too much or stepping on people's toes.
Havard Wrote:...

I think the best way for history to be preserved is simply that those of you who were there share stories the way you are doing. The rest of us can analyze things to death and try to piece things together. I think it is so wonderful that we have you guys willing to share your memories.

What happened with gaming in the Twin Cities is incredibly important. Much more so than what has been presented to the public eye so far. I like that we are being able to change that here. Smile

-Havard

Hear! Hear!
klintron Wrote:
Rowell the Blade Wrote:
klintron Wrote:I apologize if the post above read as if I was counting you to the people I mentioned; that's certainly not the case, and I appreciate your contributions to the boards.

Hey, only just saw this. No worries, in fact it's probably me who should apologize because looking back you didn't actually lump me into that group. It can be hard to parse what people are getting at in forum posts sometimes. Guess I was kinda sensitive to it because I'm new to the forum and don't want to wear out my welcome by posting too much or stepping on people's toes.

Thanks, man. I appreciate your comment. - In time, you'll learn that this place is very different from others on the web. We're all friends, here, and just because you're new to the tribe doesn't mean your voice will be heard any less.
Don't worry about stepping on toes. I do that to Havard and (now-my-name-is) Rowell all the time.

I think that may be in my job description.... :lol:
Rob
[Image: Trista-Thronesig-zps94e26f1f.png]
Follow Thorn's Chronicle on Facebook | twitter | The Blog
RobJN Wrote:Don't worry about stepping on toes. I do that to Havard and (now-my-name-is) Rowell all the time.

I think that may be in my job description.... :lol:

Actually that was definitely in my job description when I was selling and demonstrating safety shoes! Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
He's a real Nowhere man, sitting in his Nowhere land,
making all his Nowhere plans for Nobody.
-_-
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8440&p=32167

Not to hijack the thread, but in my whole adult life, I have only be as ungentlemanly drunk as when the very first party went after the bovine zombies. :mrgreen:
Rowell the Blade Wrote:
klintron Wrote:Raef: I'm not trying to prove I'm smarter than anyone. All I did was wonder whether Bob's recollection meant that there were hit points in Blackmoor earlier than anyone had previously thought.

Hey, Klintron!

I apologize if the post above read as if I was counting you to the people I mentioned; that's certainly not the case, and I appreciate your contributions to the boards. I had to make the very crass distinction, though, in the paragraph that followed my mention of your name, because the internet has lately been ablaze with outright hate against some of the more well-known members of the oldschool community. And, like Bob, many others are quite simply irritated, especially because the people harassing them claim to have some sort of "leadership" in the community. (If something as this even exists.)

robertthebald Wrote:This all weighs heavily on me, because this is more than the evolving of a game, and a game genre. We are talking about a group of friends that grew up together.

Yeah, absolutely. It's a shame that the interpersonal - the personal - aspect of the FFC is lost in easy, but, in the end, neglectable attribution and authorship debates, as well as the futile attempt of structuring what, for better or worse, seems to have been a largely spontaneous process. In a hundred years, people will not ask: "How did they...?" - They will ask: "Who were they?"

Agreed. I've run into what Bob was speaking to, myself, and it's pretty much killed any enjoyment I've had from gaming in recent years. I'm sick to death of the 'politics' of the hobby, and it's becoming more and more of an effort not to simply hire a big enough skip/dumpster to clean out the basement and get my house back.

It's already happening. I was in the game shop about five minutes from my house a while back, and nobody in the place had any idea who Dave or Gary were. Or what they'd done. And yes, "Who were they?" was asked.