Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Forget this tabletop thing... Let's talk about video games!
"Alan Wake" for the x360, as well as "Shining in the Darkness", from the "Megadrive Ultimate Genesis" collection,
also for Microsoft's monster, eat my game time. ...Do I have "game time"? Nerd, nerd, nerd, nerd, nerd.
Megadrive Collection is awesome! And Shining is really a quite fun dungeon romp, even if the main character looks like a tosspot. Love the dwarf from Golden Axe making a cameo.
This is not the Spanish Announcers Table! Very immature! He spilled my diet soda!
I am kind of stuck right now. Sad

For the moment, I am indeed switching to Phantasy Star, and looking how it goes. Much-famed RPGs, but I still fail to see their charm.

Also, gaaaaaaaaah, the big issue with 90s RPGs is how slow the people on the screen move.

Isn't there a similar SNES collection out there? I miss Secret of Mana... Sad
Mang, I'd sell my grandmother for a SNES collection. But unfortunately as Nintendo is in the business of making money thru WiiStore and DS rereleases, I don't think anything like this will surface (and NEVER on non-Nintendo consoles).

Lately I've been playing the AGS remake of Quest For Glory 2 (my favourite installment of the series anyway). Middle East is so vastly underutilized in fantasy it hurts. I think I'll do Al-Qadim: The Genies Curse next, never got far in that back in the day...
This is not the Spanish Announcers Table! Very immature! He spilled my diet soda!
Just so you know, the two pulp themed Ultima Spin-Offs Savage Empire (lost world) and Martian Dreams (Verne scifi) are legalfree on Good Old Games:

http://www.gog.com/news/free_releases_w ... ultima_1_2

This is awesome Big Grin
Mass Effect anyone?

I got stuck in the middle of the first one, but I have the second one lying around waiting for me. I will probably wait with buying the third one until it drops in price. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
I have Mass Effect 2, but my to play pile has been way too big for me to dig into that. Might pick up the third one too, as there is a video game sale going on at the moment in most of the game store chains. The redhead on the cover is quite cute Smile

[Image: Mass-Effect-3-Female-Shepard-Redhead.jpg]
Bought me a new Megadrive (Genesis for you American folks)! Big Grin Not an original Sega one, but one of these licensed re-releases. It's tiny as heck, about the size of a CD box and maybe two inches high at the tallest. Two controllers, 15 in built games (none of them I had earlier - Golden Axe! and stuff) and it plays all carts I have Smile

D&D Warriors of Eternal Sun and Shadowrun! Big Grin

I'm a happy camper.
Sauna Wrote:Bought me a new Megadrive (Genesis for you American folks)! Big Grin Not an original Sega one, but one of these licensed re-releases. It's tiny as heck, about the size of a CD box and maybe two inches high at the tallest. Two controllers, 15 in built games (none of them I had earlier - Golden Axe! and stuff) and it plays all carts I have Smile

Awesome! Never had one of those, but always wanted to try Golden Axe.

Quote:D&D Warriors of Eternal Sun and Shadowrun! Big Grin

Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Mystara action in the Hollow World 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Quote:I'm a happy camper.

Smile Smile

I'm back to playing Skyrim again, but taking a break tonight to go have some beer with my buddies. Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Quote:Awesome! Never had one of those, but always wanted to try Golden Axe.

Golden Axe is quite damn fun. Who cannot love the hawt amazon in a tiny bikini, the green-clad dwarf and the homoerotic barbarian wearing blue speedos.

[Image: 1194299207-00.jpg]

It's funny, Golden Axe was one of the very earliest games for Megadrive, but it's still one of the best. Quite rare that a game from such early times stays among the top, even while the developers learn how to better use the hardware... Anyway...

Quote:Warriors of the Eternal Sun. Mystara action in the Hollow World.

Yeah! I didn't even know of the Hollow World back in the day, so I figured it's just stuff original for the game when I played it earlier (especially as the restrictions of the era were easily explained by the setting - the limited freedom via mountains, the lack of night/day cycle due to the sun, etc. - so I figured it was really planned for the game). Haven't really replayed it since I found the interwebs and learned that the setting was an actual part of Mystara Smile Should be fun this time around.