Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Bahumuth Wrote:No, all Creationists do calim their beliefs to be respected as science and to be taught in science class.

It's so incredibly retarded. It's not science. If they push enough, I would concede that the science classes tell the kids about every possible evidence against evolution. But to cross the line to actually teaching them specifics about Creationism is really stupid.

Case in point:

Take someone who has never heard the creation story. Give them the (sometimes falsified) evidence such as "human footprints next to dinosaur footprints," and see how close they get to concluding the creation story. My guess is they won't even necessarily come to the conclusion of existance in God--just that the Earth is a young place.

Quote:I saw this news show about a 6 year old who rapped about history, saying that Columbus and Darwin were "blood suckers." The news channel acted like it was unfair to both (pretending these were her ideas and not her mother's). I would go with Columbus being a parasite, but Darwin? He may have become a little more agnostic, but he was still basically a Theist, and there's nothing he did personally that could warrant such an attack. It's not like he was part of an atheist conspiracy.

Bloodsuckers in what way?

Quote:People seem to naturally take ideas on the basis of authority of the person rather than on the evidence of the theory. If someone doesn't like the idea, then attack the person. But it's not like Darwin was the first person who ever thought of it any more than Copernicus was the first person to postulate that the earth rotates around the sun. I'm sure there were many before him, but an idea takes off when enough people are willing to accept it.

And it's not like evolution destroyed creationism. Creationism had already seen a severe decline after the beginning of Geology that showed that the earth is very old.

Messages In This Thread