Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Quote:
Quote:http://venganza.org/
Even though I think Creationism should not be taught as an "alternate theory" to evolution it's really a poor argument. Creationists really only want to teachers to go so far as to speak of a a God and not try to describe it. What's worse, it isn't funny. I have to admit they are at least trying to meet half way on that, but I can't even give them that because Creationism is not an "alternate theory" amongst the majority of scientists, only theologins. You can't mix schools of thought.

Yeah to me it's simply "not science." And I don't think Creationists would even claim it is. They're not doing this in the name of science, they're doing it because they think it threatens their religion or their beliefs to have science telling their kids that God didn't literally create the world the way it says in the Bible. So when their kids come home from school, they have to tell them "that evolution thing you heard in science class is the work of the devil, and the evil scientists who are all out to destroy Jesus' kingdom." But still, when you're kids are out there in the real world, eventually they'll figure it out. So they want to give their point of view some believability--because honestly, I don't know about you but, the whole Creationist standpoint isn't believable at all.

Messages In This Thread