Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Code Monkey Publishing
Latest from CMP:

Quote:On the writing side, in short; Gaining Steam

Other than putting some holiday's on it, and prettying it up a bit more, the Calendar for Shaedraeth is complete (As in an actual calendar year from/for the start date of the campaign setting, 13mos of weather, events, moon phases, and holidays!)... The holiday's needing population are for the Deities...

There are 30 Deities for Shaedraeth, and all 30 are written up except for some mechanics (Rituals/Powers/Few Paths) and Some Myths/Rumors on a few of them. Getting them into electronic format is on my docket for this week, then getting the art into place and layout for them.

As part of the Deities information, is the cosmology of Shaedraeth. This is half written, the other half requiring me to sit for about 3 hours to focus on, then type it up an get in into the layout with the Deities info.

Why so long on Deities? Because I'm not using the abbreviated version that's in 4e, I'm using the old (sort of) method (1e/2e) with a ton of information on the deities, physical stats, preferences, relations, church/temple info, etc... Why? Because the Deities in Shaedraeth are very hands on with the Mortal population... for reasons that will be made clear.

The last section on deities will be the Religious Organizations themselves for each Deity. Structure, daily devotions, special/recurring holidays (or Rituals), followers, including stat blocks for the leaders, etc. This one I have only scribbled notes on, even though they're all in my head at the moment.

Sounds like a lot right? It is. Sounds like it is going to be a separate book right? It is.

But what about the Dungeons of the Lost Moorlands Book you ask? Glad you did! I've gotten 15 levels of it written up (sans stat blocks, which I'll explain in a moment) and 6 levels of it typed up. The remaining 6 levels I have 'pseudo-written', i.e. I've got all my notes, just need to put them in a logical, readable (to others) order.

Then I have to make the maps, which I'm leaning towards using Campaign Cartographer 3 for. First, I'm familiar with the ProFantasy Products. Second, since this is going to be a PDF product, I don't see the reason to limit the maps to 8 1/2 by 11 for book printing (They will of course be in that size for those who want to print the book out though), but I'm looking at it from the 4e mini's perspective, battlemaps.

Then it's stat blocks. Contrary to what many people may think about 4e, making stat blocks is easy. Adjusting stat blocks for Tiers and levels _can_ be difficult, but with the ATL Matrix™ I've come up with, that's easy as pie! Getting the presentation IN the text, after figuring out the first one, i.e. the best way, then that's also easy as pie!

Then it's layout and art.

I'm aiming for a christmas release for both the Deities and Dungeons book. That will depend a lot on my art people, but it's looking good at this point.

I'm aiming for the end of this month, beginning of next month to get the Calendar out (for free!)... That will depend on whether I decide to add a timeline of Shaedraeth onto it.

In other news;
I debated mentioning this, finally (obviously) decided to... I was negotiating with a large publisher to get their material into RPGF, and while the interest was their on both sides, the lawyers mucked it all up, as they're wont to do. *sigh* We may revisit them again next year, but we'll have to see where things are at that time.

No, it wasn't WotC, and no, I won't get into who it was or wasn't...

I simply wanted to let you know between everything else (Writing, Merton, Negotiations, and Real Life in general) the why/what of me being silent.

CMP Continues to trudge forward. At times we may be on life support, but, in the immortal words of Monty Python:

"I'm Not Dead Yet!"

W. Robert Reed III
Mynex
- #1 Evil Monkey
- Code Monkey Publishing Owner
- Summum Malorum Simius

Source: https://codemonkeypublishing.biz/index. ... c&topic=83

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread