Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Maps
Dave L Wrote:I have just been doing some rough drawings and calculations based on Havard's map - I wanted to know how much space anyone had to leave if they were attempting to link up to Thonia in the south.

It's quite interesting - if you take a standard Wilderlands map (at 5 miles/hex), it turns out that Havard's map is the size of 12.8 WL maps!

What this says to me is that the WL area is really quite small - all 18 maps only cover an area 4.5 times the size of the original Blackmoor map.

I always thought the WL area was huge - simply because there were so many maps, so I did some checking on RW country sizes.

It seems the Blackmoor area has twice the area of Great Britain, and all 18 WL maps combined are just over a quarter of the size of the USA.

So, compared to the size of GB, the maps are big, but compared to the USA, the whole WL is only 3 times the size of Texas.

I suppose it just depends on your perspective, but it will help me to visualize things in my mind while drawing. Smile

This is pretty interesting. I dont remember exactly which method I used for determining the size of the Wilderlands area, but remember that different versions of the Wilderlands operate with different sizes per hex. Apparently Bob Bledsaw himself used 15 miles per hex for his original Wilderlands campaign. More on this here:
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=490650&page=3

Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread