Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Share Thread:
Making a Video Talking about the setting of Blackmoor.
(08-02-2024, 06:29 PM)aldarron Wrote: The foremost piece of advice I would offer is that you make crystal clear exactly what Blackmoor you are going to be featuring in your videos. By the sound of it, I'm guessing that you are highlighting the ZG version.  There is certianly a lot of material there, but be aware there are many significant differences between the ZG version and the Mystara version or the Greyhawk version or the Wilderlands version or the Original version, etc.

I'll be covering all versions of Blackmoor as I do not really know fully the differences. However the ZG version will probably be the most prominent as that one does have the most material. 

The version published in the TSR books DA1-4 are the ancient past of Mystara but the whole time travel stuff isn't something I'm willing to cover as from what I can tell from my readings online is that Arneson didn't even want to do the time travel stuff. (I could be wrong and please correct me if I am). 

I could not find much over the Greyhawk version. 

This is my first time hearing about the Wilderlands Version.

As for the Original Version I do have the first books that were published by TSR. The First Fantasy Campaign and Supplement II Blackmoor. 

I plan to only cover stuff that was ever fully endorsed by the Arneson Foundation. Which as far as I'm aware encompasses:

The First Fantasy Campaign.
Supplement II Blackmoor.
DA1-5
ZTG Books: Dave Arneson's Blackmoor, Dave Arneson's Blackmoor Player's Guide, City of the Gods, Clock and Steam, Redwood Scar, Wizard's Cabal, Riders of Hak, and The Dungeons of Castle Blackmoor. 
This will also include the MMRPG. 
As well as supplement material mention in magazines. 

All this content seems to be able to seamlessly fit together as if it was one setting rather than settings under a different banner. BUT if there are important details I'm ignorant to, I'd love to be educated on it better.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a Video Talking about the setting of Blackmoor. - by CawmeKrazee - 08-02-2024, 09:50 PM