Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Blog] Arnecon 2023 Reports are in!
All I can say is that I am still tired but the convention was wonderful.

So much last minute work prepping while away from home at AirBnbs and hotels for a week. I talked to Chris today and he said he was still wiped out as well.

I made some posts on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Blackmoor_Film/statu...7761093109

I am slowly posting pictures there which you can grab if you want Havard.

Blackmoor DA5 Module

I saw mentions of the DA5 module draft. There are likely several which may not be the same. I had a chance to look through the manuscript at Arnecon and I cannot recall if it was dot matrix or not. Thus, it may be possible we are seeing two working drafts at this point. My dream is that they are distinct stages in creating a Blackmoor module.

The one I saw is full of Arneson attention to detail. He even notes how much damage each piece of furniture will do if used as a weapon. 

Dave Arneson was working on drafts while he owned Adveneture Games. Yet, he likely prepared something to show to TSR as well. 

Other Blackmoor Things

Ken Fletcher gave us a folder of Blackmoor material from when Dave was wanting to do a module on his own in the time before Gary talked to him about the DA series. It includes items I have never seen before. One thing of note is the Battle Report about the First Invasion of Blackmoor. It even has maps of the castle with troop locations as the battle was played.

Another item is a report on Ross Maker and David Wesely's first two adventures into Blackmoor dungeons. I showed this write up to Michael Calleia who was at the convention. He noted the presence of records regarding actual combat turns. What I found of interest were the details of how many enemies each player killed each round.

Regarding material created by Dave Arneson:
The Arneson Estate is interested in seeing these items be published with their approval.

Dave's IP belongs to his estate thus it all needs to be catalogued with scans sent to the estate for their records.

We will share some excerpts of these new findings as soon as we can.

MUTANT

Ken also handed me a completed manuscript for a long missing game by Richard Snider. Mutant was created before any other game of it's kind. It was sent to TSR for review, but they never pulbished it. David Megarry has already offered to step in as editor on the poroject as he was the editor who worked on the draft we now have in our possession when AG was planning on publishing the game. Expect to see this in book form in the next year or two.

The Mutant manuscript is huge. It fills an entire basic D&D size box and comes in two volumes. 

Lastly: Arnecon 2

We are already negotiating for convention space so we can run the con next year.

My advice is to start saving up some travel money now as we will work to make it even better next year. 

Griff

Messages In This Thread
[Blog] Arnecon 2023 Reports are in! - by Havard - 10-23-2023, 02:54 PM
RE: [Blog] Arnecon 2023 Reports are in! - by Secrets of Blackmoor - 10-26-2023, 02:27 AM