Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blackmoor Player James Laferriere Has Passed
I spoke with his daughter Elizabeth a few days ago. The family is doing well. I told her how significant her father is to so many people. She was touched by the thought that people all over the place are thinking of Jim. 

I called Wesely today to ask a question and he was at the funeral so I did not keep him on the phone very long.

The Blackmoor Bunch is a large group of people. Everyone feels the loss of Jim with people all over the place calling each other with the bad news. I recieved several calls from folk asking if I had heard, and I reached out to many myself who had already heard.

I always tell people that the BLackmoor Bunch are like the Minnesota Mafia - everyone has each other's back and they close ranks in times of duress.

He was a good gamer and a very kind and gentle soul.

Megarry said to me over the phone: He is one of the best of us.

Yet, the Blackmoor Bunch is not gone. New members have come in. They have even told me I am one of them after only a few game sessions where I must have proved my miniatures gaming ability. The Blackmoor Bunch will keep the traditions going around the table and remember those who came before.

Griff

Here is an obituary:
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nam...d=38510662

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blackmoor Player James Laferriere Has Passed - by Secrets of Blackmoor - 01-06-2023, 01:54 AM