Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Share Thread:
[Blog] Blackmoor Convention in October teased by SoB Team
I'm confused. I got a voicemail on Thursday, August 25th, 2022, wherein Kevin McColl stated that "Griffith Morgan hadn't gotten his act together and that the October convention isn't going to happen" and then solicited my advice on how to proceed. Given the statements by Mr. Morgan on the Internet about "pursuing legal remedies" (and claiming, in the process, that he controls the Blackmoor copyrights and trademarks) to shut the April DaveCon down, and what appears to be a complete lack of any progress on the proposed October convention, I strongly doubt I will respond to that voice mail; while I would be happy to support a convention in honor of Dave Arneson, I want no part of the drama and gaming politics that have been blighting the local gaming scene here in the Twin Cities for the past year.

No, I am not going to do what I did for Dave Arneson all those years ago, and save the day like I did with "The Minnesota Campaign" that Dave asked me to run. The cavalry ain't riding to the rescue, this time around.

Michael Mornard has often said that "No gaming is better than bad gaming", and I feel that this applies here. I'm enjoying Bob Meyer's 'Blackmoor - The New Chapter' gaming that he's doing in partnership with the Shieldmaidens On Sundays game group, and I will continue to support their work in bring back the style and joy of gaming that was Dave's gift to all of us. Gaming is supposed to be fun, and I am profoundly saddened by what's been happening to Dave and his legacy.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Blog] Blackmoor Convention in October teased by SoB Team - by chirine ba kal - 08-29-2022, 09:02 AM