Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Bronstein!
I'll have to think about how to make use of Bron the Hero and his legacy. I wouldn't have the hubris to suggest he's one of the Ten but, he may have a neat backstory on his own, may be used his baking power to subdue a dragon or something.

This part is a touch reposted from the Piazza in response to some points about the logistics of Bronstein. These points I made are more specific to Blackmoor, as opposed to the generic fantasy town I created. Take them with a grain of salt or change what you like if you decide to use Bronstein in your games.

-I'd drop the spy stuff. That was more of a tribute to the Napoleonic game Braunstein. Burchard could still exist, but his spy ring probably would not hang around the area I'm about to propose.

-I'd move Bronstein down the road south of Starmorgan. This puts a major forest north of it where the Mistress of Eight Legs and bandits can hide in. There is no appreciable river on the map, so milling would be done either by wind or by some unseen streams that flow into the River Misauga that flows up past Hanford and Port Dacoit.

-Bronstein's plot (or plot idea) goes from spy rings to more dealing with horrors in the woods (The Spider Witch) or banditry (Red Sparrow). Bronstein is still a baker's town that is famous for its food, but less likely to have an active spy ring as the only closest city is Starmorgan, which would be to the north.

-Factions that remain include the Road Wardens, the Baker's Guild, Church of the Triad (which in Blackmoor would be devoted to an alliance of Sollus, Baldin, and Fronaus. These divines are that of Agriculture, Song, and Law-Giver respectively).

Messages In This Thread