Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
Adventures converted to other editions?
finarvyn Wrote:Has anyone spent time converting any of the MMRPG adventures into other editions? Or, perhaps they are vague enough that one can run them in any rules set?

I downloaded the MMRPG modules long ago but I'd much rather run Blackmoor with OD&D or perhaps 5E and so I've never really used them or even looked at them much. My son and his friends were asking about me running a campaign for him and I thought, "maybe Blackmoor!"

I have the full d20 Blackmoor product line, too, but have never really been a d20 fan. I guess that's why I'm wondering if anyone has done the "heavy lifting" to convert any of the modules.

I have thought about doing a conversion project, but I have not really had the time. Also I am not sure what system people would be most interested in. For someone using a TSR era edition, perhaps my BECMI classes and Races could be helpful.

I generally don't think it is very difficult to adapt 3E material to TSR era D&D.

5E adaptations would take more work and while I have run and played quite a bit of 5E these last few years, I am not sure I feel like I have the same mastery of those rules that I have of Classic D&D/BECMI

All that being said, most of these adventures are fairly low on crunch. I think adapting most of them to any edition would not require all that much work.

finarvyn Wrote:Also, while I'm at it, can anyone tell me how long it typically takes to play through a module? If I run a bunch of these for my son I'd like to have an idea what sort of time block to schedule.

These adventures were designed for convention play, so I think most of them can be run over a few hours. Perhaps others here have more experience with running them than I have though?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread