Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
A Post I'm Not Happy About Writing...
finarvyn Wrote:
chirine ba kal Wrote:I feel like I'm wasting everyone's time with my obsolete observations, and my antique play style. "Too hand-wavy, too loosy-goosy"; and I understand that.!
No, I think there are quite a few of us who wish for those old days again. My family gaming group tends to not know the rules but instead lets me run a game that they can enjoy as a hand-vavy loosy-goosy campaign. It's not dead, but getting harder and harder to find.

You are welcome on OD&D Discussion any time. I could even set up a section for you to make observations, much like Dave and Gary and Gronan have.

Thank you for your kind words, and I'm delighted that you and your players are enjoying your games - they sound quite fun!

Thank you for your invitation, too! I don't think that it would be very useful; what few observations that I make are usually found on my little blog. I feel, after a number of years on the web, that my musings and comments have no real relevance or resonance for modern gamers - I am from a much too alien time and place, I think. You do have Gronan, who knows a lot more about OD&D then I do, and I think his section is going to be far more handy then I could be.

So, thank you anyway, and I hope you go from strength to strength on the forum!

Messages In This Thread