Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Q&A with Jeffery Quinn
Aldarron Wrote:How did you meet Dave Arneson and /or become recruited to work on the Blackmoor in the first place?

I had heard rumblings through the RPG community about The First Fantasy Campaign being adapted to 3e. At the time I was working on the Dungeon Crawl Classics series for Goodman Games and I was a pretty avid Mystara fan. Dustin and I just kinda "clicked" as we bounced posts in forums back and forth. He asked me if I wanted to be a part of Blackmoor, I said sure and he set me to task at writing a 2 page sample about the peshwah. I turned in a 13 page paper detailing the Riders of the Hak (much of which was used in the 3e book). First, I got an email from Dustin telling me I was hired. Then, I got an email from Dave explaining some other aspects of the peshwah that I only briefly touched on that he liked and others he had only written in his own notes.From there it was 2 long years of writing and rewriting, testing and retesting, and lots of online meetings with the whole development crew.

We all got to finally meet at GenCon '04. Rich Pocklington and his girlfriend roomed with my wife and I. We had late night bouts of Settlers of Catan (I will cream you one of these days Dustin, Lord of Catan). Dave and I sat next to each other in the Goodman Games booth and signed the campaign book, DCC 3.5: The Haunted Lighthouse, and other items fans came by with. And even though many of us had never met face-to-face before then, it felt like old friends sitting around the gaming table and having fun on Saturday nite.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer

Messages In This Thread