Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Q&A with Jeffery Quinn
I apologize for being vague. But, I'm being purposefully cryptic on some points. After all, Blackmoor is what it is because there is no defined interpretations of its most pivotal plot hooks.

What "is" the Scar? As described, it is a choke point or eruption of the fabric of magic and reality caused by the huge release of energy during the Mage Wars, the "birth" of sorcerers, and the downfall of the Westrin princess. These events culminate in "festering wounds of malice and evil" on the land itself. To use a more modern 4e approach, the Scar is to Blackmoor as the spellplague is to the Realms.

My other two favorites are: Idylls of the Rat King and Interludes: Brief Expeditions to Bluffside.

Dave had a master idea. No, it was more like a master philosophy and vision. Something greater than any major campaign arc. He and Bob Bledsaw said it to me at the GenCon booth, "in the end, did you have fun?" We had carte blanche (within limits), and the darker, grittier, wartorn, and bloodstained Blackmoor was forged from this.
Jeffrey Quinn
Writer & Game Designer

Messages In This Thread