Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Dungeon of Sipris Mountain
RobJN Wrote:Lots of caches of magical equipment: scrolls, potions, wands... I'm thinking mainly low-to-mid powered disposable items that would be useful in battling wizardly types that a DM wouldn't feel too badly about his players getting their hands on.

Some pretty good suggestions there. There are quite a few spells linked to Angvile the Chaotic in the BMPG, so scrolls with those spells ought to be around. Perhaps even items with those spells linked to them.

Angvile's girlfriend/partner, the Witch of Fane is rumoured to be Skelfer's granddaughter, so perhaps also magic that can be traced back to the White Mage himself?

Quote:Traps would more than likely be of the magical variety, more than likely an equal amount of "analog" versions thrown in, in the event of 'dispelling' of magical wards.

I like the combination of mundane and magical traps. You don't get enough traps these days.

Quote:Depending on the method(s) used to bring down the mountain, the monsters might be earth elementals, xorn, umber hulks, purple worms. Of course, then there would also be the spirits of the Cabal and Eldritch Underground combatants. Ghosts? Revenants? Preferably a form of undead of suitable enough power to retain spell casting ability, but packs of wights do nicely for guardians of magical goodies against low-to-mid level parties... :twisted:

Interesting! I never considered what sort of magic might be involved in bringing the mountain down. I do like the suggestion of earth elemental creatures being involved.

And yes, undead!

How much of the actual Citadel ought to be preserved? I'm thinking it is mostly the underground bits, but perhaps a few ruined towers as well?

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread