Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[Settlements] Kings Crossing
Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:1. Ignore the date and the brigde and the river references and rename the town Kings Port.

Not to keen on this option.

I'm kinda liking it more and more. I guess there's no need for the name change. It can still be kings crossing and can still be the place Uther crossed even though the road juncture is on the north shore of the blood lake rather than the root river proper. It makes a certain amount of tactical sense that Uther would have massed his troops on the banks of the Blood lake, where he could be unseen, and crossed the lake in boats to reach the opposite shore of the root river and surprise the Afridhi. (much like Washington crossing the Delaware as I assume it is modeled on).

The only detail that would really have to change, (other than the date, which has to change anyway) is the bridge - that would have to go.

I like the road juncture placement because it puts the new town next to the unlabeled patch of woods that has to be the Blood Wood, which seems important for the involvement of the Westryn and plagueborn in the adventures. Moving KC north may put it too close to Kenville and too far from the wood.

Havard Wrote:
Aldarron Wrote:2. Follow the 4e handdrawn map. Unlike all the other maps, the 4e map shows the juncture of the Newgate and Ramshead roads occuring just above the Root. Trouble is, this is almost exactly where other maps put Boggy Bottom, including Bledsaws, map in the FFC. So Boggy Bottom would have to be slid a little further west, closer to the south end of the Long Lake and the Blood wood would then have to be added between the ramshead and newgate roads (which wouldn't really make Boggy Bottom "below" the Blood Wood as it should be).

I assume you mean this map, which also appeared in the 3E CS. It may likely bethe main reason for the confusion.
-Havard

Yeah, that's it. I bet you are right about the confusion - different people looking at different maps when the details about the place were being created.

Messages In This Thread