Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Psionics in Blackmoor
My Blackmoor games has begun to take a Post-Apocalyptic turn to the world and while several groups remain, the Wizards Cabal and the Eldritch Underground have become mega factions out to gather resources and either attempting to gain what they claim as the last hope for blackmoor and the Egg of Coot has become slowly active and coot cults have been seen wandering the ruins of Blackmoor to get a hold of technological artifacts. Due to several of my players either having their character die or new people coming in I've introduced 'mutants' from the valley of the ancients whose powers are neither arcane or psionic in nature unless they take levels in either a arcane or psionic class.

I've made beastmen become 'stable' in some groups resulting in variants of gnolls and a race of ratfolk who were 'enlightened' in the ruins of something similar to the City of the Gods. Still not sure what to do with the beastmen yet though, most likely still savage nomads worshiping foul gods. My players hear of a 'High Evolutionary' and the bestial races refer to him of divinity while others think its just some powerful arcanist. I plan to do more with this once I can think of something.

The game uses more wild magic so arcane magic is dangerous to the most lowly of mage while some become primalist, tapping into wild magic to empower their spells. Psionics are seen as a 'new' magic but don't follow the same discipline and psions follow a scientific principle to learning powers while wilders fill the niche of druids manifesting through raw power. The Dreads act as avatars of raw fear and serve gods of fear and the outer beings and their ilk.

-----------------------------------------

In my game magic of the arcane type is dangerous since the entire planet is a wild zone for magic, psionics are slowly being introduced as a strange new magic drawing from a internal well of power and their powers are memorized and through meditation gain their power back.

The High Evolutionary is possibly a artificial immortal and the bestial races revere him as divinity.

The Egg of Coot is awakening and its corruption is spreading outwards and is seeking technology, magic, and psionics. It is starving and searching for new food, it is rumored it is in possession of a godling and feeding off of its cast off power but it isnt enough for it to remain awake and live through hibernation. The Coots experiments are often seen wielding old magic and psionics in a strange fusion.

The gods are slowly withdrawing from the prime, divine magic is becoming rare but few new gods are seen leading cults and these new gods are mere Godlings attempting to become true gods.

Blackmoor is in ruins, new races are appearing, and those who remain are left to fight for resources and to discover why the world has fallen into chaos.Will you take upon the mantle to discover what happened or to defend your people? Will you be a hero?

Messages In This Thread