Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Mi-Karr and the Wizards Cabal
RobJN Wrote:One wonders if the Cabal had any dealings with Uther's Blackmoor University. We know he intended it to be a center for study of all sorts of things. Did the Cabal have first dibs on instructor/advisory positions? Set limits to what would be taught there, if they were not involved in the teaching..? Would they have supported or opposed something like that? Or maybe there were factions in the Cabal that were friendly to the idea, while there were others which were not.... :twisted:

I dont have my books with me right now, but I was always under the impression that the University was a joint project by Uther and the Cabal. Again TWC insists on presenting the situation as if Uther had to make concessions to the Cabal, but I think it is more likely that the University was Uther's idea and something that helped him get the Cabal on his side. Uther was always a progressive though and may have gone through with it anyway, but he would have wanted the Mages involved.

There are definately factions within the Cabal, though I dont know if any published material has identified it. Note that Sildonis is an important member of the Cabal and may be among those in that organization who support Uther. It is unknown if Robert the Bald is a member of the Cabal, but Im guessing that formally he is, though the Cabal are probably smart enough not to press the matter. Robert has little interest in politics, even within the society of mages.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread