Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Mi-Karr and the Wizards Cabal
Chimpman Wrote:I'm guessing that in 1012 Dranwyn finally catches up to him Wink

8)
Actually I am glad that this is left vague for now. I always intended him mainly as a background character for the campaign, but who knows what can happen in possible sequels? Smile

Quote:Seriously though, I like this explanation for Mi-Karr. You'll have to forgive a relative Blackmoorian Neophyte thought, when I ask exactly how the Cabal fits into the emerging nation of Blackmoor? Does the Cabal play some key role in the formation of the nation, or would it oppose Blackmoor's succession from Thonia?

Thanks!
According to TWC, Ursula Zov had a meeting with Uther where the Cabal agreed not to oppose Uther's rebellion, in return to Uther giving certain concessions to the Cabal. Again, TWC should in my opinion be read as if written to portray the Cabal in a favorable light, so there could be more sides to that story. TWC also offers some speculation that Uther may be secretly supporting some underground Sorcerer organizations like the Eldritch Underground just to keep the Cabal on its toes. This doesnt seem very much like Uther to me, but in any case the Cabal is a fairly problematic friend to have.

In general, the Cabal tends to stay out of secular politics as long as it is given authority over arcane activity. It seems that the northern baronies were the only part of Thonia where the Cabal ever got any foothold though, with Imperial Mages being independent of that organization. This could also explain why the Cabal ended up backing Uther.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread