Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Busy Week for Arneson Fans
Allow me to add some intrigue to this story....

I learned about the auction and it was very sad to hear. I can only wish things had gone differently...

While I'm certain that there are wonderful treasures contained within (which largely comprise the contents of Dave's apartment he kept in Orlando), they do not contain all the treasures...

Years prior to Dave's death, he made a focused trip back to Minnesota. He went to retrieve some very specific items. For some it was copies of his original White Box editions of D&D. For me, it came in the form of 4 boxes. These boxes, imo, contained the most interesting items in his collection. Dave gave these items to me to preserve because he said I would "know what to do with them".

While I have no intention of selling these items, I'm also not completely ready to discuss the contents. The news of this auction has rekindled my interest in the boxes of materials and I will be looking forward to sharing those with the members of this forum in due time.

Beyond that, I've seen many of the items in the auction on eBay and I'm happy to say that "yep, that looks like Dave's stuff".

Uther, Once and Always.

Messages In This Thread