Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Peshwah Timeline
Aldarron Wrote:Stasis would make a lot more sense and that's a good idea.

I dont have the module with me right now, but IIRC the captain actually ordered his crew to go into stasis, except Rocklin refused.

Quote: My sense of it (particularly given Stephen Rochefords account) is that the city of the gods was not originally connected to "Saint Stephen" (I'm pretty sure it predates the TotF storyline). Stephens ship was a small scout ship the crash landed, seemingly in the swamp. City of the Gods was a much older and bigger thing.

A central thing to Dave Arneson's way of designing Blackmoor seems to have been that he intentionally kept things vague and undefined until his players explored it. Perhaps 1970s records/material seems to go in a lot of direction simply because the players never really got that far into the City of the Gods. DA3 and Supp2 say different things about St Stephen, but both were influenced by other contributors (Ritchie and Kask).

I like the idea of Rocklin being part of the FSS Beagle crew for alot of reasons. First of all, it keeps the sci fi elements of Blackmoor tied together and contained. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, it adds a personal angle to the story, with the rivalry between Captain Riesling and Stephen Rocklin (Rocheford) being part of Rocklin's motivation for setting up the Frog cult.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread