Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
23 DM Answers
Quote:1. If you had to pick a single invention in a game you were most proud of what would it be?

A kind of motto for my most successful campaign was "Return to Innocence". The basic idea was to recreate what fascinated me about gaming when I was a kid, while at the same time avoiding it becoming childish or stupid. Not sure if I succeeded, but the players loved the campaign.

Quote:2. When was the last time you GMed?

Last October Cry

Quote:3. When was the last time you played?

3 weeks ago.

Quote:4. Give us a one-sentence pitch for an adventure you haven't run but would like to.

Castle Amber.

Quote:5. What do you do while you wait for players to do things?

Plan ahead. Or eat snacks.

Quote:6. What, if anything, do you eat while you play?

Nothing healthy, that's for sure.

Quote:7. Do you find GMing physically exhausting?

No.

Quote:8. What was the last interesting (to you, anyway) thing you remember a PC you were running doing?

Stealing a magical protective gem from the tower it was supposed to keep safe against Orc invaders.

Quote:9. Do your players take your serious setting and make it unserious? Vice versa? Neither?

Both. Villains are often ridiculed. But sometimes players seem to demand too much coherence into a setting as well, while not everything needs to make sense in a fantasy world IMO.

Quote:10. What do you do with goblins?

No Goblins in my Blackmoor. Just Beastmen.

Quote:11. What was the last non-RPG thing you saw that you converted into game material (background, setting, trap, etc.)?

Red Dead Redemption has provided alot of inspiration at least.

Quote:12. What's the funniest table moment you can remember right now?

When a PC facing the judge in court after having pushed an old lady aside in order to get to a healing potion before her, unpon which the lady died. His plead of defence was: "But I didnt mean to kill her!" You had to be there I guess. : :lol:

Quote:13. What was the last game book you looked at--aside from things you referenced in a game--why were you looking at it?

Pathfinder: Inner Sea Gazetteer. Looking at it for inspiration in terms of style and layout.

Quote:14. Who's your idea of the perfect RPG illustrator?

Larry Elmore.

Quote:15. Does your game ever make your players genuinely afraid?

No. We are there to have fun Smile

Quote:16. What was the best time you ever had running an adventure you didn't write? (If ever)

B10. Although I almost never use published adventures, at least not without making dramatic changes.

Quote:17. What would be the ideal physical set up to run a game in?

Comfortable seating, music, food supplies and no disturbances from the outside are the most important things.

Quote:18. If you had to think of the two most disparate games or game products that you like what would they be?

The FFC and the Pathfinder Books.

Quote:19. If you had to think of the most disparate influences overall on your game, what would they be?

Frank Herbert's Dune and a book on dinosaurs that I used to read when I was a kid.

Quote:20. As a GM, what kind of player do you want at your table?

Someone who is interested in the game, but also looks out for the needs of his fellow players.

Quote:21. What's a real life experience you've translated into game terms?

A Mediterrean holiday turned into an adventure on the Savage Coast (Mystara).

Quote:22. Is there an RPG product that you wish existed but doesn't?

DA5 City of Blackmoor

Quote:23. Is there anyone you know who you talk about RPGs with who doesn't play? How do those conversations go?

I have one friend who write movie scritps and we sometimes bounce ideas back and forth between my RPG ideas and his movie ideas.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread