Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
GenCon 1976: Tindell's Adventure in the Blackmoor Dungeon
Absolute charming account! Big Grin

Quote:I wonder if this was not the first mistake made. I know it is not uncommon at Conventions, but I think that awarding prizes for RPG events is generally a bad idea, as it can shift the focus away from just having fun to "winning". One of the things I really like about RPGs in the first place is that it does not pit the players against eachother, but rather lets the players cooperate towards overcoming a common goal.

I agree. RPGs and Wargaming in competitive conventions create a lot of bad blood and frustration over hobbies which revolve around confusing rules with lots of clashing interpretations and implementations. It's best to remove the competitional aspect and just have fun with like-minded folks. Smile

Quote:Great Sweeney

Obviously the Great Svenny. Wink

Quote:one hobbit thief (with a paladin! Good heavens!)

Mello?
-------------------
Hmm, maybe Svenny automatically triggers a morale check (fear check) among any orcs and goblins in the vicinity.
------------------
This Bozero is new to me. Is he mentioned in the FFC?
-------------------
Quote:I think that the idea of Funk's Rulership over all Orcs could probably be compared to the High Kings of Ireland though.

That's exactly what I envision! Maybe there is an Orcish Lia Fail that one has to stand on to see if one will become the Ard Ri! :lol:
-----------------------
Svenny teleported?! Confusedhock: How? I'm guessing it was a magic-item.
-----------------------

Very entertaining! Thanks for posting it and your great analysis!

Messages In This Thread