Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Hello. New to Blackmoor.
New Blackmoor DM Wrote:Hello everyone.

Haven't posted in a while because game has been moving slowly. Mostly due to real life scheduling issues the game has stalled for the last month or so. Our warpriest has not been able to come for the last two sessions. I have introduced some revolving companion characters (Which are NPCs that are DM designed but player ran and a bit simpler than normal characters). Companion characters are a nice trick in 4E (stolen from the Savage Worlds RPG). It has helped a lot but still doesn't make up for having only two players. Role-playing is too limited and combat has a tendency to become more central. None of us want that so we are considering shelving this game. It sucks but eventually I hope to return to the world.

Glad to hear from you!
Lack of stable players is my problem these days too. I only have two players who will show up with any regularity, and like you I think that is one player too little. It is definately possible to run games like that, but it requires the existing players to be highly motivated and focused during the session. Companion characters is a great idea. Another idea I read about at another forum (Dragonsfoot?) was to allow each PC to have an animal companion. That is a pretty nifty idea, especially if you allow the animal to advance and develop in both power and personality.

I wish you luck in this, and I hope you dont shelve your game. Gaming is too much fun to let it go! Maybe see if you can find another player? Another option is to shift to PbP gaming. Let us know how it goes! Smile

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread