Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Dave Arneson post: What's this?
Quote:Dave Arneson
Posted Jun 18, 2002 by Online NowDave Arneson
OK. There are a LOT of mistakes in the above article.

Some changes are;

I did not 'switch' from Napoleonics to Medieval. I simply used CHAINMAIL for the early magic section in the first month we played BLACKMOOR.

I was given equal billing in the original D&D game with Gary. The first lawsuit stemmed from calling the game ADVANCED D&D. Then TSR claimed that it was a whole new game.

It was during Gary's brief tenure as president of TSR that he invited me to do the Blackmoor series. That ended when he was ousted.

Before founding Adventure Games, Inc., I helped found a computer game company called 4D Interactive Systems, Inc.

In the mid 80's on I have worked on over a dozen game projects for computers as well as role playing. I have also been awarded several life time achievment awards for game designs.

DRAGONS IN THE BASEMENT is presently being shpown, in an unedited form, at ORIGINS, GENCON and DRAGONCON. As well as smaller shows. The edited version should be done by 2003.

I teach COMPUTER GAME DESIGN and COMPUTER GAME DOCUMENTATION at a private university in Orlando FL. The name of the school is FULL SAIL. I do not teach sailing. Although I like it a lot!

You may visit my website at castleblackmoor.com for some more details'

There is something fishy going on here. What is h2g2.com? Looks like this was copied and pasted from somewhere else...

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign

Messages In This Thread