Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
MMRPG Timeline - What Does it Need?
Hey Gang. Below are timeline additions drawn from the MMRPG material. I left in a couple anchor points from elsewhere too. If there is anything you think is wrong, please comment. I did make an assumption (I think) that the Drakon Katha concentrated on wiping out the Afrhidhi first before their all out assault on Blackmoor.

The big question is what else should be included. Basically, I looked for world affecting events. I was a bit on the fence about the Ordo Elementarium and return of Goss stuff because that seemed to all happen behind the scenes and I think it is assumed Goss fails, so nothing really comes of it. But maybe I'm wrong and in any case I'm sure there are important things I might have missed. I haven't even read all the episodes out there.

So please make recommendations if you think anything needs to be added or changed. Here goes:

739: The only daughter of the King of the Wild Realm in the Wilds of Ten, falls in love with a Westryn noble. Unfortunately, his love belonged to another - a human. Spurned, the princess begs her father for vengeance. In answer, he lays a great curse upon the Westryn elves which prevents them from producing offspring with any race besides their own. Shortly thereafter the king dies, leaving the curse permanent and the princess becomes the Black Queen of the Westryn elves. (MMRPG 86, DAB 14,17, date assumed)

745: The Westryn elves prepare a complex magical ritual intended to remove their curse. At the same time Sondav, a powerful undead being, opens a rift portal into Westryn controlled lands through which he and other undead from his world could enter. Sondav begins to gather followers and build a base of operations. The Westryn elves cease their magic ritual believing it to somehow be responsible for the rift. (MMRPG, Episode 38, date approximate, “centuries ago” but not long after the curse, also MMRPG 86)

747: Sondav is destroyed by human adventurers, however the rift he opened continues to allow undead into the Westryn woods. (date approximate, occurs a few years after Sondav creates the rift, MMRPG 38)

815 – 834: Mage Wars – “Hot period”. Within a few years of arrival, the Magic Users begin to consolidate political power in the Northern Marches and fight each other. Warfare is continuous and devastates the country. Within the first 5 years, 4 major factions emerge. (TWC:6) Much of the population decimated or flees to safer regions. (4eTFC:126,128)

1000: (1975 AD) – Two dwarves, Frick Tanndon and Frack Glerndon, discover Fangs remains and restore him to unlife, joining his Undead Legion. (Player recollections, DoCBM:231)

Toska Rusa, the Afridhi's high priestess, receives a grand vision of conquest from Zugzul. The god promises her a great empire for her people and she promises to build him a temple made entirely of gold in the heart of the Great Kingdom. (DA1:3,4, date confirmed by Greg Svenson, Blackmoor forum)

1004: The Afridhi control the plains of Hak, reach Ten and threaten her border. (DA1)

1005: (1981 AD) - Uther's father killed in surprise Scandaharian raid. Uther becomes the new baron of Blackmoor (4eTFC:148, DA 1:4)

Forces of Ten attack Blackmoor but are broken and beaten at the Battle of Lake Bern, due in large part to a brilliant heavy cavalry charge led by young Uthar Andahar. (DA1:23)

Founding of the Scroll and Blade Society - an elite mercenary troop of fighter Magic Users (DPG:178)

1012: The Duchy of the Peaks allies with the Afridhis, who are completing their conquest of the Duchy of Ten. The Duchy of Ten falls within the year (DA1:3,4, TWC :19 gives the date 1013 but DA1 says it took 7 years after reaching Ten and 12 years from Rusa's vision.)

1026: A patrol led by Baroness Rissa Aleford investigating reports of slavers active near Frog Island is ambushed by forces of the Temple of the Frog and the Baroness captured. Uther sends a powerful expedition of adventurers to the Temple, who manage to destroy much of it and free many slaves. Uther sends in an army to complete the job. The Order of the Frog destroyed, the aliens slain, and the cultists put to the sword. However, Saint Stephen, the leader of the cult, escapes the conflict and hides in the swamp. (DA2, Return to the Temple of the Frog, date per LoZompatore timeline)

1027: Atfer the dust settles Saint Stephen returns to the temple hoping to salvage anything that he could. Stephen accidentally releases a Vampire from a mirror of life trapping and is bitten. After some time, Weewak the Cyborg tracks down the pair of vampires and in the ensuing battle both the cyborg and vampire are killed, leaving only the undead Stephen to haunt the ruins of the temple. (Return to the Temple of the Frog)

1030: Baron Zvenzen made Lord High Regent of the Regency Council of the Kingdom of Blackmoor (House Zvenzen Gazetteer p18)

1031: First appearance of Plagueborn Zombies. (MMRPG 37)

1033: New Afridhi offensive through the Great Swamp; repulsed by Uther (MMRPG 61)

1034: Uther and allies launch an all out assault on the Afridhi in Ten. Uther lays siege to Starmorgan. In the midst of the battle, an obsidian tower springs up suddenly, cloaking the entire battlefield in unnatural darkness. The Drakon’katha, a four armed serpentine race from the underdark emerge and slaughter the forces of both the Afridhi and Blackmoor. (MMRPG 94)

1035- 1040: More and more of their obsidian towers erupt from beneath the earth throughout the Afridhi empire shrouding the land in darkness as legions of orcs, thousands of gathropods, and all manner of underworld monsters lay waste to entire towns, villages and cities, Toska Rusa leads her forces in a desperate holy war. Within five years Toska Rusa is dead and the Afridhi are no more. (MMRPG 94)

1040: Drakon’katha towers begin appearing in Uther's realm. In the face of this new threat, Uther grants amnesty to all members of the sorcerous organization known as the Eldritch Underground which merges with the remnants of the Wizards Cabal to form the Eldritch Cabal. (MMRPG 94)

1040 - 1054: Pax Uther. For a time, the Eldritch Cabal and the heroes of Blackmoor are able to stem the tide of Drakon’katha expansion, but skirmishes are constant.

1055: Obsidian towers begin to appear throughout Blackmoor. The Cabal and Uther's forces are stretched thin and overwhelmed. Desperate, Uther sends an offer of alliance to the Egg of Coot, who refuses.
Vestfold falls.
Uther learns the Drakon’katha leader, the Sorceror King Amanset, wears an amulet that telepathically controls all the gathropods in his forces.
Drakon’katha and gathropods emerge around Blackmoor in vast numbers. Uther and the heroes fight their way to Amanset where in a heroic effort, Uther slays him. Taking his amulet, Uther orders the gathropods to eat all the Drakon’katha. Swiftly the tide turns. All over the northlands, Drakon’katha begin to flee back into the underworld, as the gathropods gorge themselves on Drakon’katha flesh. Few escape.
Blackmoor is victorious, but most of the heroes are dead or dying, including Uther and his chosen successor, Grand Inquisitor Col. (MMRPG 94)
Various nobles vie for power.
Drakoncatha dont care about the Afridhi. They want everything expelled from the Dwoemer Realm. They realize the easiest way to cleanse their area is to attack Blavkmoor. At this point the Afridhi are on the back burner from the Bow of Hadeen series. So they go right for the Cabal...the real power behind the North.

But Goss isnt really dead. No one destroyed his phylactry....
Arkenealylth Wrote:Drakoncatha dont care about the Afridhi. They want everything expelled from the Dwoemer Realm. They realize the easiest way to cleanse their area is to attack Blavkmoor. At this point the Afridhi are on the back burner from the Bow of Hadeen series. So they go right for the Cabal...the real power behind the North.

But Goss isnt really dead. No one destroyed his phylactry....

Priceless.

So Goss is still a threat.

The big question mark for me though is that if the DK aren't attacking the Afridhi, Then wjat are the Afridhi doing? Seems unlikely they would be doing nothing.

I'll have to re-read the bow of hadeen storyline.