Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
[MY] List of BECMI/Mystara products referencing Blackmoor
I'm starting a project of compiling a list of all the BECMI/Mystara products which mention Blackmoor. Posting only a few to begin with. Others are very welcome to help out:

MODULES
DA1 Blackmoor Module
DA2 Blackmoor Module
DA3 Blackmoor Module
DA4 Blackmoor Module

BOXED SETS
Hollow World Boxed Set: History section, Blackmoor Era Planetary Map
Wrath of the Immortals

GAZETTEERS
Gaz1 - Grand Duchy of Karameikos: Timeline mentions destruction of Blackmoor 3000 years earlier.
Gaz2 - Emirates of Ylaruam: Timeline revision, Blackmoor destruction moved back another 1000 years.
Gaz3 - Principalities of Glantri: Connections to the FSS Beagle, Drachenfels family of Blackmoorian ancestry etc.
Gaz 10 - Orcs of Thar: Origins of the Humanoid races linked to the Blackmor Era.
Gaz 13 - The Shadowelves: Rafiel, Blackmoor Artifacts etc.

I imagine the list will at the end consist of virtually every Mystara product, so a few notes about what to expect from each module might be worthwhile.

-Havard
Currently Running: The Blackmoor Vales Saga
Currently Playing: Daniel S. Debelfry in the Throne of Star's Campaign
Since Finarvyn asked me about this in another thread, I will try to expand on the list of gazetteers relevant for Blackmoor. Pretty much every single Gazetteer mentions Blackmoor, but some go into more detail than others.

-Havard
Gazetteer info updated:

Quote:GAZETTEERS
Gaz1 - Grand Duchy of Karameikos: Timeline mentions destruction of Blackmoor 3000 years earlier.
Gaz2 - Emirates of Ylaruam: Timeline revision, Blackmoor destruction moved back another 1000 years.
Gaz3 - Principalities of Glantri: Connections to the FSS Beagle, Drachenfels family of Blackmoorian ancestry etc.
Gaz 10 - Orcs of Thar: Origins of the Humanoid races linked to the Blackmor Era.
Gaz 13 - The Shadowelves: Rafiel, Blackmoor Artifacts etc.

-Havard
Havard Wrote:Since Finarvyn asked me about this in another thread, I will try to expand on the list of gazetteers relevant for Blackmoor. Pretty much every single Gazetteer mentions Blackmoor, but some go into more detail than others.
Thanks! It sounds like the Gazetteers are tangentially important because they are part of Mystara, but not directly critical as they don't have signficiant chunks of background hidden therein.
Marv / Finarvyn
Member of The Regency Council
Visit my Blackmoor OD&D board
OD&D since 1975

"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
- Dave Arneson

[Image: Giladan.png]
finarvyn Wrote:
Havard Wrote:Since Finarvyn asked me about this in another thread, I will try to expand on the list of gazetteers relevant for Blackmoor. Pretty much every single Gazetteer mentions Blackmoor, but some go into more detail than others.
Thanks! It sounds like the Gazetteers are tangentially important because they are part of Mystara, but not directly critical as they don't have signficiant chunks of background hidden therein.

Yes. More of interest would be the Hollow World Boxed Set providing a map of the world at the time of Blackmoor and the Wrath of the Immortals Boxed Set which details the further history of the City of the Gods (expanding on ideas from Gaz3).

The BECMI/Mystara products represent a chapter in the history of Blackmoor not written by Dave Arneson and his players, but is a chapter in Blackmoor's history nonetheless.

-Havard
Gaz 3 also includes an adventure outline where the PCs go back in time to Blackmoor and destroy the City of the Gods, and discusses what consequences this would have on Mystara.